Dodge Arrow

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by Bobby Cole, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Almost all of us remember playing the game of “Dodge Ball” sometime in our lives. It seems like I remember having fun playing it during recess or in intramural sports but sadly, most schools have made the practice of playing it a no-no because it is touted to be too dangerous.

In a state where dodge ball is considered to be too dangerous, a new sport has made its way into the limelight.
    Yup, Colorado, has a new game called, Dodge Arrow.
    The rules are simple: Two teams, with their bows, run toward each other from opposite sides of the field and when they get to the near center they grab up some foam arrows, run to hide behind blow up boulders and shoot at each other.
    If an opponent gets hit, that person then belongs to the other team. Simple and seemingly harmless.

Now, since the setting is in the land of legalized marijuana, I do imagine that everyone knows where all of this is going.
    Imagine this: A few guys and gals go out to the field with their bows, smoke up a joint or two, have a couple of beers and decide that foam arrows are just tooooo boring. “Let’s use real arrows”, says one player and then the rest nod their bobble like heads and the game is afoot!

Yes sir, the once seemingly kinda safe game of Dodge Arrow, morphed into something quite deadly. It doesn’t matter that it Has to be illegal but leave it up to humanity to devise yet another method to prove that there are those among us who are absolutely insane and without at least 2 brain cells which promote common sense.

2. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Why not just DRIVE Dodge Arrows?
    [​IMG]

3. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

A Dodge Dart might work also. :)

4. Mary Robi

Mary Robi Veteran Member
    Registered

I've played dodge darts at the pub, but it wasn't exactly intentional...…..my date was crosseyed.

5. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

6. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

7. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I may have been remiss in doing a better job of investigating the news report I heard on the radio concerning the people playing “dodge arrow” and the use of real arrows. The players do use real arrows but they are foam tipped or so the link says.
    Now, did some group decide to take the tips off or use metal tips at some point? Dunno. I can’t find such an incident on the net but still, I can always depend on someone to get stupid so the chances are that yeah, someone probably did.
    https://colorado.ourcommunitynow.co...an-dodge-an-arrow-in-this-twist-on-a-classic/