Do You Read Books Regularly or Occasionally?

Discussion in 'Reading & Writing' started by Ruth Belena, Jan 29, 2015.

1. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I really have never been a book reader although there are books that I had read and they are mostly the romantic pocketbook books. It was a craze when I was in college and you seem cool if you have a pocketbook like that. But when I left school, there was a paradigm shift in my reading habits. I was buying the Readers Digest and reading the newspaper is my daily habit because most of my colleagues were doing that, not to mention that our office have a subscription to 3 newspapers.

Back to the books, most of the books in our house are mostly about personal improvement. That's my trip lately. And I also have a book about Effective Writing (in English).

2. Tom Locke

Tom Locke Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I have a list - not a physical one, but somewhere in the crazed labyrinth of my mind - of the books that I should have read by now. Almost all of them are 19th-century classics. There are, however, some things that you know you will never achieve. Anthony Trollope, for example, wrote more than seventy novels and I know I will never read all of them. Charles Dickens, on the other hand, wrote sixteen, of which I have read exactly half, so I have a chance, especially as I am reading Our Mutual Friend at the moment.

3. Miriam Turner

Miriam Turner New Member
    Registered

I have a hard time focusing but I do love to read every once in a while. It's hard for me to find a book that I actually really enjoy, the last one being a book series called Wildwood. Which was probably a few years ago I had read it. When I was younger it was so much easier for me to read but now stress and not being able to focus really ruins everything and I can't seem to read too much as I would like to. Maybe one day...

4. Carlota Clemens

Carlota Clemens Well-Known Member
    Registered

I only read book occasionally since a couple of years ago because of the many things I have been struggling with, and whenever I have some spare time to relax and read, I hear the streets calling out my name, and prefer to go walking out there going to nowhere, just wandering and enjoying the outdoors.

Even though, I miss to read on a more frequently basis and this is probably the main resolution to include in my upcoming new year's list.

5. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I have cold. Five or six years ago I had a plastic device i was to blow and draw on to keep a bubble or a bead in the center of it. Theres a name for this device but I've forgotten what it is.I couldn't get it to work one day so I drove to a music store and bought a harmonica. Since that time, I have blown on that harmonica at least an hour every day and sometime three or fours hours. I finally learned to play it and now have all the major keys and can play most anything I want. Red River Valley is the first song I learned to play because I walked my daughter many miles because she had colic, and I sang that song to her. In my opinion the harmonica is very good for people who have breathing problems. If I have told this before some where on this site I have forgotten and apologize.

I have begun again to read every day.