Do You Like Yourself?

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Ina I. Wonder, Oct 24, 2015.

1. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

When I was in grade school, I so loved myself such that it is always my priority. Everything I owned is only for me. I seemed so selfish. In high school, I started to have friends and there I learned how to socialize, how to share, how not to be selfish. Generosity is good to practice. But in my middle age years, I realized that too much generosity seems to be leaving me with nothing. So now I am trying to balance generosity and love for myself. It's always on a case to case basis.

2. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

I could never be 'best friends' with someone just like me.:D

Joe Riley and Terry Page like this.
  3. Brittany Houser

Brittany Houser Veteran Member
    Registered

Pat you echoed a lot of my own thoughts. I have become accustomed to being who I am. I feel awkward in some situations, because try as I might, I cannot fit me into a category. Regardless, I DO enjoy my own company, and I never get lonely...never. I think realizing that I was created by someone higher, for a purpose, has helped me tremendously.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  4. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

Thank you all for your answers. I guess I have too much time now that I'm on my own.

I have been watching and interacting with a few teenagers lately, and I have noticed that some of the kids really don't like themselves. A couple of them go too far in the opposite direction. So I've been trying to bring a bit of balance to the kids by asking the above questions. I thought it might get them to thinking about the their answers.

As a child I was taught that liking yourself was vanity, which is sinful, so it took me awhile to learn that I needed to like myself before I could expect anyone else to like me.

Terry Page likes this.
  5. Tom Locke

Tom Locke Veteran Member
    Registered

I've always subscribed to the Groucho Marx viewpoint that I wouldn't want to be a member of a club that would have me as a member.

Terry Page likes this.
  6. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Even though I KNOW some folks my age don't necessarily (or at all) like my humorous side, because it can get a little sarcastic and sometimes arrogant, my wife loves it. She would tell anyone, "one thing for sure, he isn't dull". She told me "I've been with "dull" before, and for me, it wasn't fun at all".
    I can be outspoken and sometimes that can be both good and bad. Unlike my wife, confrontation doesn't bother me, but I definitely watch who I do it with.
    A big thing I wish I would have done years ago, was to get my college degree. Did go to college, but at the time, just wasn't my "thing". Getting a college degree sure would have helped me in my work career.
    I'm a major Star Wars fan and former "Rocker" and love my Classic Rock music. Thank God, wife loves the same.
    Bottom Line......I'm a nice person, but can get those "moments" where I have to say "I'm sorry, I love you" to my wife.

Ina I. Wonder likes this.
  7. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

a man alone

Terry Page likes this.
  8. Sifu Phil Bonifonte

Sifu Phil Bonifonte Veteran Member
    Registered

I'm in a long-term relationship with myself, but if I ever saw my profile on Match.com I'd run away.

I'm not sure that I like or dislike myself at this point - I just accept myself as I am.

9. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

I would be lion, if I said I didn't like myself!;)
    [​IMG]

10. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Nice to see you here, Phil and I agree....I saw your profile on Match.com. :) J/K

11. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

@Sifu Phil Bonifonte, Hi Mr. Pirate, arrrg to you., I missed your company, and I hope you stick around. Your a funny man, and you even come up with some very interesting subject. So stick around and educate a few of us, (me). I heard you were ill, and I wish to say, I'm glad your better.

12. Sifu Phil Bonifonte

Registered

ARRGH right back at ye, m'Lady!

I'm funny how? Like a clown? I amuse you?!?

Good! ;)

Aye, I've been a fair sport under th' weather and unfortunately it be fer th' remainder o' my voyage, but like they sez ya' can't take down a mast wi'out some grape-shot! :D

13. Sifu Phil Bonifonte

Registered

See? Am I lying or what? :p

Good to see you too! This is turning into more of a reunion than I expected ...

14. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

Good to see you here Phil, always loved your posts and humour on the other side.

[​IMG];)

15. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

...And the third greatest challenge is to remember to check
    yourself out in the mirror before leaving the house.;)

11219089_994793377246890_8406767945102673323_n.jpg