Do You Like to Color?

Discussion in 'Hobbies & Crafts' started by Joss Brown, Jan 25, 2015.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I was looking through the gallery of pictures that people have made, and it appears that this app is popular with both male and female artists, not just people who happen to enjoy coloring books.
    It is somewhere between a coloring book, and creating a picture, because of the capabilities of the app.

Here is one picture of birds that I really like, and I saw some landscapes that looked like someone had just painted them, too.
    We have Apple family sharing, so once I get the app started on the free trial, then both Bobby and I can use it if he wants to try it out.

IMG_5874.jpeg

Mary Stetler likes this.
  2. Yvonne Smith

So….. I have been watching the videos and now started the one week free trial. After that , i will do the $10 a month for a while to see if I really like doing this (excellent suggestion from Mr. Bobby), and then stop the subscription and see if they offer me a cheaper one. This sometimes happens with paid for apps, so it is worth a try.
    I did my first picture, which was a grey scale one, and that looked easier for me to try and color than some of them with all of the little bitty lines ant would take forever and you have to figure out which color for every little thing.
    I “painted” for about an hour, and my arm is worn out from holding the large ipad. My mini is too small. I have to think about this; maybe the lap desk would work ?
    If this turns out to be something I really enjoy, then I might get another older mid-size ipad just for painting with.

Anyway, here is my first picture. I can go back to it and add more colors until I decide I am done, and there are more brushes I want to learn how to use. But it was fun, and something interesting to learn to do.

IMG_5879.jpeg

Lulu Moppet and Mary Stetler like this.
  3. Lulu Moppet

Lulu Moppet Veteran Member
    Registered

Yvonne, such beautiful work, I would frame that and hang that up---in my living room, thanks for the gift! ;)

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  4. Yvonne Smith

Thank you, @Lulu Moppet ! Please feel free to print it out and hang it in your living room, and on the bottom, it says “ To my Friend, Lulu……. With Love”.

Lulu Moppet likes this.