Do Not Call List. Two Calls Yesterday

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Kitty Carmel, Mar 14, 2018.

1. Kitty Carmel

Kitty Carmel Veteran Member
    Registered

My phone rang too much yesterday. Twice was a former co-worker who is applying to work home health. So she wasn't a problem.

Then two calls. One from "Elizabeth" with a sickeningly sweet voice who tries to sell cruises or something. I've got at least 5 of these calls and next time I swear I'm going to say something not nice to that b*$%# instead of just hanging up.

Then I got one of those electronic voice calls "your computer has been compromised. we will shut your internet down in 48 hours if you do not respond. press 1" I've heard of this scam but never got one. They say people fall for this and they get personal information from you. I just hung up of coarse.

I have my phone unplugged right now. I don't want it to ring.

Von Jones and Patsy Faye like this.
  2. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm getting alot of sales calls lately too but since I have all our name and numbers in our phone book on our cell phone...I just let those numbers that don't show a name we know, etc. ring until they go to voice mail. Since I don't have our voice mail set up I don't have to check that either. :)

Von Jones likes this.
  3. Kitty Carmel

Registered

One of my problems is, I don't have a caller ID phone. The service is part of my Comcast package but that phone would need to be plugged in and it's something else to worry about the cats trying to chew on when I'm not home. That's why I don't have one. Would be very nice to screen calls that way!

4. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

You were right to put the phone down Kitty - wise ..............

Kitty Carmel likes this.
  5. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

I get lots of those calls. I got one the other day as soon as she started her speech I just laid the phone down and let her talk. I went back to what I was doing but I could still hear her. When she finished I picked up the phone and said "will you repeat that please, I wasn't listening."

6. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

I have laid the phone down, too, @Sheldon Scott but I never thought of picking it back up and saying that. :D At least, while they are supposedly talking to me, they are not bothering somebody else.

7. Kitty Carmel

Registered

Oh that's a good one. Now when I'm on the computer I'm usually streaming news talk. A couple of weeks ago I got one and just held the phone to the computer and let them listen to that. Seems they hung up quickly.

8. Kitty Carmel

Registered