Defunding The Police, And Other Absurdities

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Beth Gallagher, Jun 7, 2020.

1. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

I just watch the video and got exactly the opposite to what you are saying. Also the police cams are giving a totally different report than the media. like I can't breath was said when he was standing and he wanted to lay down. From these police cams come out this policeman might even get off.

2. Dwight Ward

Dwight Ward Veteran Member
    Registered

I don't see how you could have gotten the opposite impression. Owens clearly states that racially-inspired police brutality is a myth. Whether she's right or wrong is another story but her position is obvious by her own words.

I'm not going to defend.Floyd's character or criminal history. Maybe he was a despicable person. Floyd was possibly having difficulty breathing when standing because of his drug intake, One officer's full weight behind a knee in the back of his neck and anothers' legs on his back were not making his breathing worse? Come on.

Floyd's personal failings should not have been a death sentence.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  3. Martin Alonzo

Registered

We of course see things differently as we should There was a picture of a grown up man BLM with his knee on the throat of a baby I did not hear of that baby dying. So that means it will not kill you. I have taught Judo for many years and had a knee across my neck also a knee in my back at the same time I am still here. Like a say we see things differently I talk from experience. How do we know if he would not have died from all the drugs in his system with out the police. It is politico and not police violence.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  4. Dwight Ward

Registered

Yes, it's ok that we see things differently. I respect your opinions, Martin, and have agreed with you sometimes.

I saw the baby video. I don't know what to make of it. It's not beyond the purview of opposing sides to create such things for propaganda. The world is mad. - whether it's fake or real or what it means even if it's real, I don't know.

5. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Well, yeah. Unless you're an Uighur Muslim or one of the other fringe groups. Then you get to live in a present-day concentration camp.

Bobby Cole and Dwight Ward like this.
  6. Martin Alonzo

Registered

Refunding how crazy they need more man and deserve more money. These are no peaceful protesters and the people that say that are not looking at the facts.
    Chicago police release video footage of protests at Columbus statue

7. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

One of the Democrat legislators said that destroying buildings and burning police cars is not violence because these things can be replaced.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  8. Peter Renfro

Peter Renfro Veteran Member
    Registered

Once again,and it could not be more clear. Why the hell do you folks insist on treating the symptom and not the disease? Could you be any more blind and short sighted? It is patently obvious that the same ol same ol thats been going on since this nation began just is not working!
    It's the disease!

9. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

You're right, Peter. Arresting them doesn't solve anything. Do you suggest shooting them, or are thinking of something along the lines of surrender?

10. Dwight Ward

Registered

Peter, calm down a bit. What do you mean by 'same of same that's been going on'?

11. Dwight Ward

Registered

Martin. thanks for posting the video. As a result of links from here and elsewhere in the past months I've modified my views of the protests. Still, to say that there are NO peaceful protesters is an extreme view and simply wrong.

I'm capable of changing my opinions with new information. Are you? Here's a video from Chicago about a police shooting. It's rather slow moving so I'll try to synopisze it briefly.
    A black teenager was killed by Chicago police. They claimed he came at them with a knife and was shot once in the chest.. Video leaked later showed no knife and showed the boy being shot, falling to the street writhing in pain and subsequently shot multiple more times until he died. He was then shot some more, his body shown twitching from the shots as he lay dead. 16 shots - that is the title of the video.

There has to be some middle ground between declaring all police enforcement as brutal and unneeded and thinking that we need much more federal intervention to control our cities and suppress some anarchist left..These are crazy times and we need to shy away from extremist views, right or left.

12. Martin Alonzo

Registered

These people who have nothing going on in their lives wants to destroy everyone else. The US is not perfect but second place sucks

Ed Wilson likes this.
  13. Martin Alonzo

Registered

Dwright you are right and I assume that the officer was charged so justice we done. Now if it was anyone other than a policeman we would not expect anything different. The crime does not change just because it is a policeman.

14. Martin Alonzo

Registered

They should remember so can they

15. Dwight Ward

Registered

I also heard a black activist say that they weren't destroying.their.own cities because blacks don't own the cities - they have no property. In historical context she may be perfectly right that blacks have been oppressed and unable to gain property or that their property was confiscated or destroyed But still, this is no reason for violence. Reason and working together for a better world is the way.