Dedicated and Brave K-9 Police Dog Saves Officer's Life!

Discussion in 'Pets & Critters' started by Yvonne Smith, May 30, 2015.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

When a deputy in Mississippi was making a routine safety stop at a rest area, he was surprised and attacked by men with boxcutter knives. The attackers told him they were going to kill him, and as they slashed him with the knives and dragged the officer out into the woods nearby; he was able to reach the remote on his uniform that opened the car door and released the K-9 Police Dog.
    the dog immediatey became the attacker, and was able to give the officer time enough to escape from the attackers and radio for help.
    The Police dog was probably also slashed up by the criminals because they said that he was also covered in blood afer the attack; but he had bitten several of the attackers while saving his partner's life.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/05/2...-hero-for-saving-deputy-life/?intcmp=trending

2. Pat Baker

Pat Baker Supreme Member
    Registered

If the dog could talk he would probably say "just doing my job" like Dragnet. I know the deputy was glad he was able to get that door open so his partner could do his job.

3. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

4. Hannah Davis

Hannah Davis Veteran Member
    Registered

A great story, shows you just how loyal and dedicated a companion a dog is. They are also very obsevant. A dog knows when someone they love is hurting or in trouble. Dogs in a K-9 squad are given even more training to understand when situation is dire. Its a good thing this police car had that remote capability to open the door, otherwise Lucas couldn't have come to his friend and parners aid. This dog is a true hero in his own right.

5. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

This thread reminds me of the movie Max. It's about a k-9 dog used in Afghanistan to track weapons cache of the rebels there. The dog handler died in an encounter and the military decided to give the orphaned dog to the family of the handler (who is also a marine). It is a drama story woven to give the dog the limelight. For dog lovers like me, such movies are heartwarming.

We saw Max just last night. I was kind of late coming out of the office so we decided to drop by the nearby mall to relax a bit. And thats' the story of how we got to see the movie Max, that's the name of the Belgian Malinois.

Joe Riley likes this.