Dearborn Michigan 2016

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Martin Alonzo, Nov 3, 2016.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

@Gary Ridenour, I agree that if we were to be overrun with foreign Muslims as is occurring in some parts of the world, we may well see some of this stuff. Some of these people don't consider non-Muslims to be human, but isn't that what you're doing in reverse? Not the actions, of course, but you're lumping all Muslims together into a category of people that you don't consider to be human or worthy of life.

Islam is a religion, and not all adherents to Islam participate or condone the kind of stuff that you've posted here. Yes, I am disgusted with that sort of thing too, and it's not the sort of thing that I want to see here. You are free to hate Muslims if you must, and you may have good reasons for it. I think most people here would hate the people who do this kind of thing, but that's not all Muslims.

However, I really don't want this sort of thing in the forum. Just as it disgusts you, it disgusts others and that doesn't make for much of a conversation. You've made your point, and I'm not telling you that you need to change your mind about Muslims, but neither does anyone else. Be angry with what some of these people do, but I am quite confident that no one in this forum is guilty of any of this stuff. If you insist that they be angry too, it might be you that they are angry about. You've expressed your hatred, and you may continue to, but we don't need the pictures.

I don't know you. I don't know what your experiences have been, or what sort of people you're acquainted with. I don't have any close friends who are Muslims, but I do have friends who are Muslims, and knew quite a few Muslims when I was living in North Carolina who were perfectly fine people, as far as I could determine.

I don't think the problem is Muslims. The problem is that the Muslims who do this sort of thing are from a culture that is foreign to us, and one that we have no desire to assimilate. I don't want to adapt to a culture that includes cutting people's heads off or killing people whose religion differs, and I'm not comfortable with forced child marriages, yet it wasn't that long ago that arranged marriages were common in this country, and most of us probably have parents or grandparents who were married at an age when we probably wouldn't even allow our kids to date unchaperoned.

Discuss the issue if you want to but I will be deleting some of the more objectionable videos because I don't want that sort of thing in this forum, just as you don't want that sort of thing in your country.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2016
    Bobby Cole likes this.
  2. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered