Cutting The Cord

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Tech Talk' started by Von Jones, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Well, I finally did it. I finally cut the cord, at least as much as I'm comfortable doing during Hurricane Season. I logged on to get my account number for my cable service and compare plans and prices, and freaked out when I saw the amount due. I called and cut down from the level I had to just the local channels. I have been debating between doing that and cutting it off entirely, but when I saw that the charge for local channels was $19, and knew that if I cut it off entirely I'd be charged a $20/month 'unbundling' fee, it was a no brainer. Now I don't have to worry about using the antennas and having to buy another one, and I'll have a more stable signal for Hurricane Season, just in case something does happen. I already have Netflix, and Hulu as well, although I have Hulu on pause for a few months. I will probably keep Hulu on pause while I marathon some shows on Netflix for a few months. I plan to cut back somewhat on my television viewing anyway, because I'd rather focus on reading and other things.

Ken Anderson likes this.