Cutie and Lydia, Ella Too

Discussion in 'Pets & Critters' started by Ken Anderson, Jan 31, 2015.

1. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

@Ken Anderson
    27 years! My gosh, how I feel for you. All I can say, Ken, is that I know full-well the deep mental misery associated, having held my beloved little "Chip" in my arms as she died. The pain is deep.....
    Frank

Ken Anderson likes this.
  2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I know that you have said before that Lydia was not doing well, but even when we know a beloved pet does not have much longer to live, it is still heartbreaking when we lose them, and I can relate to your feeling of sorrow, as the others have also mentioned . Even though you weren’t there, I believe that she would have wanted to die peacefully at home, and not in a cage at a veterinary office somewhere, and at least she passed away peacefully, maybe her heart just stopped.
    Sending prayers and condolences to both you and Michelle for your loss of Lydia.....

Ken Anderson and Ina I. Wonder like this.
  3. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Veteran Member
    Registered

I'm just seeing this now @Ken Anderson and I just wanted to tell you I'm so sorry for your loss. I know you love Lydia and will miss her as she has been part of your life for a very long time. Praying comfort and peace for you.

Ken Anderson likes this.
  4. Kitty Carmel

Kitty Carmel Well-Known Member
    Registered

So sorry. What a long life. Please don't feel guilty but I know it's natural. She was in her own familiar home. I wonder if she was looking for a cooler place. When Chloe died she came out of her covered bed to the floor and this was January. Very sorry for your loss. It's always so hard.

Ken Anderson likes this.
  5. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Veteran Member
    Registered

a2bc9840fb00bdceb66c9be2f136bb3f.jpg
    Thinking of your loss of Lydia this morning and praying God's comfort and peace for your heart @Ken Anderson.

6. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Veteran Member
    Registered

I have mentioned Ella's live and let live policy with the gray squirrels. She likes to chase them up trees when she can get them to run but she doesn't pose an actual threat to them. Here's a photo of her and one of the squirrels. As soon as the squirrel picked up a peanut and headed down the steps with it, Ella chased her, returning a few moments later after chasing it up a tree.

ella-squirrel.JPG

7. Gloria Mitchell

Gloria Mitchell Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

They have an understanding:p

8. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

37313DE2-8488-408A-AF23-215B77834D39.jpeg Hey @Ken Anderson, my new kitten Riji looks like your Ella. Only his orange markings are paler, almost a faded look. We got him for only $20., he had all his kitten shots, he’s already been microchipped, and neutered. They put a little tatoo on his tummy to indicate his neutering, and where it was done.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  9. Ken Anderson

Registered

Yes, very similar.

Ina I. Wonder likes this.
  10. Ken Anderson

Registered

I couldn't get a picture, but Ella touched noses with one of the squirrels today before chasing it down the steps. I think they view her as a bully, but the kind that would call you names or pull your hair rather than the kind that would beat you to a pulp.

Ina I. Wonder likes this.