Critical Thinking

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Martin Alonzo, Dec 30, 2016.

1. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

I am putting this in the news thread because this is happening now

People need to do more critical thinking and don’t take things as they are presented.
    People for years excepted what was in the new papers were the truth now with the internet a new media came to pass where you started to hear counter points of view. Now the government realizes it has let the cat out of the bag and now wants to put it back. Well history shows us that we have been told lies about the past that we excepted because we had no other way on contacting the truth. Examples: remember the sinking of the USS Maine Nevertheless, popular opinion in the U.S., fanned by inflammatory articles printed in the "Yellow Press" by William Randolph Hearst and Joseph Pulitzer, blamed Spain. Starting the American Spanish war. This whole story was not true but of course they was no internet or other sources of information. It has gone on in the Bay of Tonkin, Weapons of mass destruction, Syria gas its own people. We got to hear only one side and needed to make a decision on what was true very difficult.
    Now we have the internet and can get other points of view even from other countries this has thrown the controllers into a panic as now people can start thinking with more information pro and con which they did not have before.
    "History would be a wonderful thing – if it were only true." ~Leo Tolstoy
    Now they are looking hard for ways of controlling the internet fake news, Russian hacking, so we need to control the information you get so we can go back to one sided information once more.
    I hope the people are smart enough not to full for this and I think the people on this forum do have the smarts to see through this ruse