Cranberry Scones

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Diane Lane, Oct 12, 2015.

1. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

If I didn't know what month it was, I could probably tell from the recipes I've been looking at and sharing. I have tons of cranberries right now, so I've been looking at recipes that use them. I'm obviously going to make some sort of cranberry dish for Thanksgiving as well, so I'll hold onto the other package I have, but I'm going to use some in this recipe for Cranberry Scones.

The list of ingredients is pretty standard, other than the cranberries. I haven't made scones in years, and have never tried this recipe, but I've had good luck with the recipes on Taste of Home, so I'm looking forward to trying them.

Attached Files:

Krissttina Isobe likes this.
  2. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

:oops:Good luck in your recipe search for your cranberries! I love cranberries too!!! If you need ideas I found bettycrocker.com & Pillsbury.com fyi. They don't have some recipes I'm looking for like pumpkin cheesecake pies that are sugar free or walnut pies made with Heart Smart Bisquic. Life lets us search I guess!!!!!!o_O

Diane Lane likes this.
  3. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

I've never heard of Heart Smart Bisquick before, I'm surprised, since I do buy it very so often.

The scones came out nice. I had to adjust the recipe, but I will definitely make them again. The dough was way too soft, which could have been due to the warmth of the house and/or my hands, so I added about 1/3 cup more flour. Next time I'll lower the oven temperature about 25 degrees and use my silicone mats which I've misplaced somehow, because I sprayed the foil (ran out of parchment, too) with PAM spray and it scorched. The recipe only makes 4, so I'll probably at least double the recipe next time I make them, as well.

Attached Files:

4. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

[​IMG]
    I bought it on sale at Times Supermarket a local market. I like it. Don't know what I'll do with the flour I bought LOL!

image from: http://www.generalmills.com/en/Brands/Baking/betty-crocker/brand-product-list.