Continue The Story

Discussion in 'Games & Riddles' started by Allison Schuck, Jul 26, 2015.

1. Craig Wilson

Craig Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

"Flamin' hell.. yes the gold. I'd forgotten about that.You musta had that well hidden Horrie.
    That is one silver lining from what has been a shocker two days."

Last edited: Jul 1, 2022
  2. Terence Eames

Terence Eames Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

"The Wajarri local Aboriginies hereabouts have several satellite phones due to their remoteness and Dale just phoned me and told me the word has gone out about Sadie's stolen truck with all her Geology gear.
    They will only just make the track down the spur tonight so Dale told me him, Ernie, two more Wajarri men and an Elder called Jack are now all headed to the narrow spur track to set a trap for them there. They're armed too and are travelling in their beat up old Land Rover.
    To conserve petrol fancy us all jumping in my truck and giving chase?
    Their tracks are fresh too. Let's take our guns too. Rotten thieves." Horrie said.

3. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Dale put on his most scary aborigine costume and painted his face with the most scary paint. When the thieves got to the trap, he jumped out from hiding and began his most scary war cries. This terrified the thieves so much that they jumped out of Sadie’s 4wd and ran into the bushes,

[​IMG]

When we got there, Dale and his friends were whooping and hollering with laughter. We joined in the laughter when they told us what had happened.

After we all finally got control of ourselves, we called out to the thieves that it was safe to come out. After thanking our wild and woolly friends, we took the Germans back to their truck, gave them enough petrol, food, and water to get back to Yalgoo and sent them on their way.

Then we continued out journey.

Terence Eames likes this.
  4. Craig Wilson

Registered

Boy was Rabbit dirty about this. He argued that they had drugged us, blindly robbed us and virtually left us without sufficient food or water in sweltering heat. He added that he'd have driven directly to Yalgoo cop shop and had then locked up for a month then have them deported. "We dont want their kind being guests in our country."

5. Terence Eames

Registered

I'm a bit miffed too Rabbit but they were young and dumb. Anyway Sergeant Hugh is waiting for them in Yalgoo and will probably arrest them?
    They certainly trashed their hire 4wd which may cost them dearly.

I gave a small handful of our gold nuggets to Aboriginal Dale and his friends for their help by the way. I hope that's ok by you two.
    Let's head back to our camp and do some prospecting tomorrow.

images.jpeg (6).jpg

Last edited: Jul 3, 2022
    Shirley Martin likes this.
  6. Shirley Martin

Registered

Next morning, the sun rose in a clear blue sky. It looks to be another hot, dry day. Horrie, how far to the place you wanted us to check out next?

7. Craig Wilson

Registered

What are we doing about the claim? If the old mine does contain both lithium and nickel we are missing out on a possible huge windfall if we abandon it...

8. Terence Eames

Registered

We're here now at the place of interest Sadie. Time to get out the metal detectors and start looking for gold in the morning. I suggest staying in a group and forming a search line like the police do looking for clues.
    It's also safer being together with my snake dog Biff out front. I'll take my shotgun too.

Rabbit, remember I lodged our mining claim about that deep shaft with Sadie's Geology report about the Lithium.
    I then put it up for auction on the internet for mining companies to consider.
    Just looking now we've had three bids already at $90k, $150k and last night at $200k. We may yet get higher so I hope that makes you happy Rabbit. Thanks for reminding me to check. I'd plumb forgotten with all the excitement chasing after those dumb German rogues.

Let's neither forget those two well armed men Dale saw some days back. Probably just hunters I hope.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2022
  9. Shirley Martin

Registered

Those men are a bit of a puzzle to me. Dale said that they seem to be following us but at a distance. They haven’t shown any sign of aggression. There have been places that we would have been vulnerable to attack so they must not mean us any harm. I don’t think they are just hunters, though. I guess we’ll just have to wait and see.

Sadie was walking along holding her metal detector when she felt something bump her boot. There was a little stinging sensation. She looked down and saw..

[​IMG]

She took her boot off and there were two little marks. They didn't seem to be deep.

10. Craig Wilson

Registered

Just keeping you on your toes Horrie. You did mention the nikel too I hope.

After two hours of scanning some two kms we put away our detectors and had lunch. Rabbit made another of his dampers washed down with hot billy tea detectors.

"If those other two come within cooee of our camp ..dead set I will set the dogs on them and put a shot above their heads. That should tell em we mean business."

11. Craig Wilson

Registered

Nevertheless Sadie let our a scream and Horrie and Rabbit came running. Horrie bashed the escaping reptile with the butt of his rifle until he lay still then Rabbit said "Show me the bite missus. Holy shit that may be deep and impact the blood stream." Quickly the bush savvy old man put his mouth over the wound, sucked and spat and repeated. "I think I got most of the the localised poison missus but some will already have spread so we need to get an anti venom shot into you asap"....

Last edited: Jul 5, 2022
    Terence Eames and Shirley Martin like this.
  12. Terence Eames

Registered

After killing the snake Horrie came running over shouting it was a Death Adder.
    "I've got some anti venom in my kit here Sadie which I'll give you an injection of it.
    We need you to stay calm Sadie and carry you back to the camp and sit you up. Let's leave our gear here and get it later."

Craig Wilson likes this.
  13. Shirley Martin

Registered

I feel dizzy... everything is fading in and out. It's cold in here. Somebody get me a blanket, please.

Mama, is that you? How did you get here? Is Daddy with you?

It's so hot. Can I have some water, please? My head hurts.

Craig Wilson likes this.
  14. Craig Wilson

Registered

Sadie was feeling the early affects of Death Adder poisoning as it impacted the blood stream. The venom is mostly neurotoxic, leading to a loss of muscle control which can result in respiratory failure (asphyxiation) and therefore death unless assisted breathing is given.

Rabbit ran into his tent and returned with a small book which he read from.
    He then asked a clearly hazy Sadie if she was feeling any abdominal pain to go with the drowsiness and hallucinations, severe headache as well as the onset of fever. She nodded and winced in pain clutching her stomach.

"Horrie we can't delay as she has all the common adder bite symptoms. The anti venom pronto. Then we will have to call the Flying Doctor from that fancy satellite phone of yours"

Last edited: Jul 5, 2022
    Shirley Martin likes this.
  15. Terence Eames

Registered

No worries Rabbit, I've got the anti venom in these one-use only syringes. I'll swab close to the bite and above it with the alcohol wipes and "just a quick jab coming up Sadie. Good medicine, just a little jab. There we go, easy, well done."

"Ok Rabbit, I'm phoning the Mount Magnet Hospital now, with the speaker on."

Dr Sturgis says :
    'Sit or lay Sadie down, rest and reassure her. As the bite is on her foot apply a broad pressure bandage over the bite site as soon as possible. Then apply a further elasticised or firm bandage - start at the toes and move up the leg as far as can be reached. Apply tightly but without stopping blood flow.
    Also immobilise the leg with a splint.
    The early anti-venom shot will help her greatly with symtoms quite soon improving but she must stay still for the rest of the day and night, sitting if possible.
    Being just a small bite and quick serum I think she'll be fine tomorrow, but phone me again if Sadie worsens with is unlikely.
    It wouldn't be helpful to drive her out to Yalgoo with the bumpy tracks. I'd rather request a helicopter from Perth as a last resort. Keep note of her heart rate too,...Senior Registered Nurse Bernadette will on duty tonight so phone her if you're worried. She'll ring you early tomorrow morning. Any questions?'

Craig Wilson and Shirley Martin like this.