Coconut Quinoa Pancakes

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by K E Gordon, May 9, 2016.

1. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Veteran Member
    Registered

So, I had the most interesting (awesome) entree for Mother's Day yesterday. I had Coconut Quinoa pancakes. These delights were vegetarian and gluten free, and stuffed with blueberries, plus a bit of extra coconut. They were really good, and very light without standard flour. I am guessing they were rather healthy and somewhat lower in calories than traditional pancakes. I recommend them. Although the coconut flour I have seen in stores is not cheap.

Krissttina Isobe likes this.
  2. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

I haven't tried quinoa yet, I think it's out of my price range. It seems the newer types of flours are mostly out of my budget, although I haven't looked for coconut flour. I did price almond flour, which was very expensive, so I haven't had a chance to try that yet, either. It's nice that you were able to try them out and see if you liked them before you had to lay out the funds for the flour. Maybe you can buy some of the coconut flour and make them for a special occasion.

K E Gordon likes this.
  3. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Veteran Member
    Registered

I was thinking I might look on Amazon for coconut flour. I saw the bag at the local store 11.99 for like a one pound bag or something! Quinoa too, is pricey. I thought it might be cheaper at Trader Joe's but it was not. It can't be high forever! OF the two, quinoa is the cheapest, and there are a number of Mexican casseroles and things like that that can be made with quinoa. It is kind of a super carb or grain that is good for you.