Close Call For One Of My Cats, Snuggie

Discussion in 'Pets & Critters' started by Thomas Stillhere, Aug 23, 2022.

1. Thomas Stillhere

Thomas Stillhere Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I was sitting here replacing the motherboard in this computer and had my back to the bedroom window just about 2 and half feet from me. I heard a little cry and turned to see snuggie hanging upside down by his left foot on the window seal and he dropped to the floor which was only a couple inches at that point but he was leaning over on his right side acting like he was injured. I got up and picked him up real easy and started massaging his left left and hugging him a bit so he calmed down and luckily his left leg was fine. I think he had used my power strip feeding some of my computer gear as a step up onto that window seal and he got a toe nail on one spade of the plug so he got a little taste of Benjamin Franklin. I removed the plug up and out of the way but he was running a hundred miles an hour not long after that. He was so afraid he peed himself so he had to be pretty scared. I'm as happy as he is that he is alright. :)

2. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Glad Snuggie is OK, Thomas.

Thomas Stillhere likes this.
  3. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

They are like having kids.

4. Thomas Stillhere

Registered

He just got a second dose of it a few minutes ago. It was my A/C plug breaker and he was just behind me again and lucky because I once again had to grab him up and massage his chest. He was pretty much out of it for just a second or two and rolling around on the floor unable to stand. All I could do was pick him up and keep him moving. I can't stop him from messing with things that he has no business messing with. Nor can I cover the sockets. Now he don't mess with any in the front area or along the walls,. I don't know what it is about this window that he and the other two love so much but there are two plugs very close like maybe two feet away, one for the air which is still just 110. He has to be sticking his toes in the side area of the breaker, it didn't trip so it probably was a small dose but then a cat is so small it is usually deadly. First thing tomorrow I will find a card board box and place it around the plug and socket so maybe it will keep him from fooling around with it. He has 7 more lives left but I prefer he just stop messing with all my electric gear. They tight rope my wide screen TV every night and Jump up on this desk knocking over things and in general just making a mess. I always shut the door when I'm out shopping because I can only imagine what will be laying on my floor broken. I have seen other cats lying around on top of computers and TVs and they never get electrocuted so I don't know what is going on with this cat. I touched the window frame which is aluminum and it don't shock so who knows. I have a lot of those large plastic coffee containers so that might be the thing for me to just screw onto the wall around the socket to completely cover it. It would deter him from jumping on it but at least it would keep what ever it is he's sticking into the hot side. He is totally normal now and it's like it never happened but you can bet I don't think he wants any more of it.

Marie Mallery and John Brunner like this.
  5. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Rub some lemon on it, they hate citrus.

6. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

I hope your kitty is okay.

7. Marie Mallery

Registered

:oops: they hate lemons.

8. Thomas Stillhere

Registered

I put one of those plastic coffee containers "Folgers", around it with screws. I feel pretty sure that must have been the source and not the other plug under the window. He wasn't licking it but possibly using it as a foot up to the window seal and he got his toes on one of the spades. He is totally normal so no lingering damage to him. I also thought maybe since it had rained hard the air conditioner might have ran over onto the window shade and was a bit hot. If we get hard rain it does leak in and over the window blind and even onto the floor. We have a storm moving in at this very moment but I already have the window secure and he and another cat are laying on a large box full of my stuff which I have moved and secured over and over and over so they don't damage anything but it's a losing battle. :)

Marie Mallery likes this.
  9. Marie Mallery

Registered

I had one cat one time and it was always into something especially crawling up my naked legs like they were a tree.:eek:
    Since then I've always had 2 cats so they can play and entertain each other. We don't have any cats now but if one comes around we will.

10. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

My cats won't even let me pet them if I've eaten an orange.

11. Thomas Stillhere

Registered

I have the breaker plug covered completely now and he doesn't seem interested in it any longer. He was interested enough to pee on my TV clicker last night while I was asleep. :eek:

Ken Anderson and Beth Gallagher like this.