Cleaning Tips

Discussion in 'Home Improvement' started by Val White, May 13, 2015.

1. Jenn Windey

Jenn Windey Supreme Member
    Registered

I have the exact opposite problem, total lack of humidity. I can imagine it must be awful to have your clean clothes mildew right in the drawer. that certainly cannot be good for your health. Is the mildew caused by air pollutants like dust and pollen? Does this effect your furniture? What about your food that is dry goods?

This house gets so dry that dust and pollen are a real problem. In the winter it dries out so bad that I have to leave water on the heat grates so we all don't evaporate in our sleep. I find that house plants help quite a bit. You can literally see the pollen and stuff floating in the air no matter how well I clean of vacuum. I have looked into getting one of those air filtration systems for the rooms with the most traffic, but quite honestly I am afraid to leave them on when we are not home which is a huge portion of the day. Even some use helps, and having had the heating ducts cleaned cuts down a lot on the dust. In the winter a lot of the problem is they use Calcium Chloride on the roadways, when it is dry that stuff floats through the air and can be quite caustic to the skin and to breath in. You have to cover your face when you are out where people drive or you will no doubt end up with irritation in the sinus.