Cinnamon Hazard

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Diane Lane, Jun 7, 2015.

1. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

I hadn't heard about the Cinnamon Challenge in a while. If you aren't familiar with it, there are plenty of videos on Youtube, of people doing it.

This story is about a young boy who apparently climbed up on a chair in the kitchen, and inhaled cinnamon, which killed him. The mom mentions the cinnamon challenge, though, which is why I posted about it. I know many of y'all are parents and grandparents, so this is something to be aware of, just in case.

http://www.ijreview.com/2015/06/339...ontent=conservativedaily&utm_campaign=Culture

2. Hannah Davis

Hannah Davis Veteran Member
    Registered

Here I thought the ice bucket challenge was dangerious, this one sounds worse. But then who would have thought that taking a teaspoon of cinnamon could have such consequences. Cinnamon is a natural spice, but I guess it goes to show that just because something is natural doesn't mean its safe. Cinnamon has its purpose but taking it in such a pure state with no water may not be a good idea. Cinnamon can be strong if ingested alone, its a spice, what's next the Cayenne Pepper challenge where we take a teaspoon of that. Come on this really needs to stop.

Sheldon Scott likes this.