Church Workers Are Mostly Old Women

Discussion in 'Faith & Religion' started by Corie Henson, Jul 12, 2016.

1. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

Not only for Catholics, but most of the churches I know are dominated by old women when it comes to volunteer work. I asked the head of the women's group in our church about this and she said that it was just a coincidence that husbands die earlier. That may be a joke, right?

The opinion of the priest is more logical. That men are busy with work and usually have hobbies while women are homebodies and have more faith than their husbands.

What do you think?

Joe Riley likes this.
  2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

In churches that I have been a part of, it's been mostly older men and women of all ages, but almost no young men. When it comes to putting together suppers or fundraisers, it's nearly all older women, though.

Joe Riley likes this.
  3. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Not your average guy, not your average meal
    [​IMG]
    Chuck Wourms’ nonprofit, Food for the Journey Project, is not your average soup kitchen. And Wourms is not some run-of-the-mill do-gooder.

Wourms has devoted his life to helping people in need and deserves recognition for putting others first for so long, said his long-time friend John Sullivan. Sullivan nominated Wourms as a Dayton Daily News Unsung Hero.