Chipper Has Gone To Heaven Today.

Discussion in 'Pets & Critters' started by Yvonne Smith, Jul 20, 2018.

1. Ruby Begonia

Ruby Begonia Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm so sorry, Yvonne. :(

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  2. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

Sorry to hear that @Yvonne Smith I know how it must feel, Lisa's cat died last year, and we still miss her a lot :(

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  3. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I still wake up every morning, looking for Chipper, and I know that it is a sorrow that I will never completely get over. I found this little book on Amazon, and it took me over a month to even be able to open the book and read it, and then I just cried my way through, missing Chipper.
    But there is a lot of good thoughts in there to help anyone who has lost a beloved soulmate to start to heal, and also for someone who is living with an ailing or elderly pet and trying to make that final decision.
    I think that this is something that you and your daughter would want to read, @Holly Saunders .

It is a story of going to Heaven, and written from the dog’s point of view.

https://smile.amazon.com/Reflection...k+mcafghan+reflections+on+life+with+my+master

Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
  4. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

@Yvonne Smith our dear furry members of our family’s certainly leave their footprints on our hearts
    I lost my dear little Middie 15+ years ago and have never replaced her .We still have a photo,of her in our family room .She was a silky terrier she was 14 and a half when we lost her and for ages after we’d think we would hear her barking.

Frank Sanoica and Yvonne Smith like this.
  5. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I can certainly understand that, @Kate Ellery . We had a tiny little Pom that was Chipper’s best friend, and she would always bark when she heard the doorbell, and run to the door.
    She did this even when the doorbell was ringing on the television ! It was so cute, and there was some commercial back then that always had a ringing doorbell, and we loved watching her jump off the couch and run barking to the door.
    I never hear a doorbell now but what I don’t remember our little Sheba Pom , and in my mind’s eye, I can still see her running and barking.

We lost her suddenly one day when she went outside, and something (hawk or coyote ? ) grabbed her before I got outside into the yard with her. We searched for days, and never found so much as a clump of fur from that little girl, so what ever took her must have gone a long ways with her.
    C0EC83DA-E00A-4065-AC76-C04F9EDC85F1.jpeg

6. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

That's always a concern in the mountain when we're in Spain. The little dogs are never allowed out by themselves just in case an Eagle grabs them.. I know how hard that must have been for you Yvonne...I would have been absolutely devastated to lose an animal like that. It's bad enough here when the sparrow hawks come down and snatch one of our collared doves or wood pigeons from the garden.. and that's nature, and it upsets me ... but to have a pet taken, I'd be heartbroken for years!! I'm so sorry you lost a little one that way :(

Yvonne Smith likes this.