Celebrates And Politics

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Martin Alonzo, Jan 20, 2017.

1. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

Remember Hollywood's crazy "unflushed toilet” pledge to Obama?

2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Lol, thank goodness I've never been star struck and could care less about these idiots!

Sheldon Scott and Patsy Faye like this.
  3. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Well, not everyone is crazy in Hollywood! Before wife and I met, she met a number of actors when she was an Extra in movies. I've met a few actors myself that were very nice. Just because they have a different political opinion, doesn't make them bad/idiots.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  4. Chrissy Cross

Registered

You're right, Cody...they're not all idiots and I didn't mean they were but I'm still not start struck...never was.

If I ever met one, you can bet I wouldn't be asking for an autograph....if I did it would be for a grandson or something....they just don't impress me, doesn't matter what side they're on politically either.

Patsy Faye likes this.
  5. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I can remember when my oldest sister had a crush on Paul Newman. He starred in a movie that used parts of Louisiana to film the movie in. My sister signed up for an extra in his movie and she was hired. She got to meet Paul Newman and his wife, even has a couple of pictures she took with them...and they were just as down to earth and nice people as you could ever want to meet. I can think of many actors, etc. who I think would be just like this too.

Actors, etc. are still people with their own opinions and many of them do have the "star power" given to them by their fans, etc. to influence others for good or bad....some actors take advantage of this power and don't use it for good, but others have used it to speak up for things that we all are concerned about like finding a cure for breast cancer, bullying, etc.

The ones who use it as an "abuse of their star power" are no different then the political figures that abuse their power, or anyone else in a position of power that uses that power for bad and not good. And yet when it comes down to it...hopefully they are standing up for what they believe in and not selling their "power" for what it can bring them.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  6. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Oh, believe me, we would be "star struck" and get autographs. Especially with the actors that were in the Star Wars movies.

Actually, at a Celebrity Rodeo I went to, I met Dan Haggerty (Grizzley Adams tv show), Doug McClure (The Viriginian show) and Richard Roundtree (Shaft tv show). I loved it!

7. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I would get the Star Wars actors autographs but only because of my grandsons...I really don't want anybody's signature...what for?

But lots of people do and there's nothing wrong with that....it's just not for me.

Upon further consideration I would take Donald Trump's signature on a HUGE check. :p

Patsy Faye likes this.
  8. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Actually, a "Selfie" with a celeb would be better than an autograph

9. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Probably, except that I hate selfies and would have to crop myself out of the pic. :)

Patsy Faye and Frank Sanoica like this.
  10. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Dislike celebs that much, Hugh?

11. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Not really, but do dislike selfies.