Canyon Cove

Discussion in 'Travel & Vacation' started by Corie Henson, Feb 28, 2016.

1. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

We were aiming to go to Baguio City, that's the coolest city in the Philippines. However, since it is February where they celebrate the Flower Festival there so all accommodations are fully booked. We then settled for a beach resort.

Canyon Cove is in Batangas province, in the town of Nasugbu, just a 2-hour trip sans the traffic. And since the check-in time is 3pm and we left the house at 6am, we had a lot of time to spend on the way. First stop is our favorite Seattle's Best cafe where we had breakfast. IMG_9522.JPG

Along the way, we stopped to buy boiled corn for the afternoon snack in the resort, a delicacy shop for some pastries and then a native restaurant for lunch. We had the boiled beef called bulalo and a seafood platter plus some more dishes. IMG_9546.JPG

After lunch, the resort was just a drive of 5 minutes and there we were, checking the facilities and what the resort has to offer to us.... IMG_9573.JPG

At last we got to the room and it's fine to my taste, a bit classy and spacious with a veranda and 3 big beds. That's my sister in red and her daughter with the hat. IMG_9565.JPG

PS. I hope @Mari North can read this vacation of mine.

2. Mari North

Mari North Veteran Member
    Registered

I see it, @Corie Henson !!! Thank you so much for posting the pictures... it looks absolutely fabulous (and the food delicious!) I hope you're having the trip of a lifetime! :)

And seafood platter... oh my, that's my kind of meal!

3. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Great photos @Corie Henson that's not today is it? was that earlier this month?

4. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

@Holly Saunders, all the photos in this thread were taken last weekend - Thursday to Saturday vacation in Canyon Cove.

The water in the swimming pool is not heated and since the place is windy so it is cold to swim. But we tried to be in the pool despite the shivers, brrr. That's my sister and her family with me in the pool. IMG_9616.JPG
    And after an hour in the cold water, we did some sunbathing not to get a tan but to get warm somehow. It was really cold because of the wind so probably they have to heat the water in the pool to make it enjoyable to swim. IMG_9595 pool cory kids.JPG
    And at the end of our first day in the resort, there was this sunset that was great for the camera. So many have their phones and cameras aimed at the setting sun. The dinner in the resort's restaurant was not as good as our lunch in the native eatery but it's quite okay because it is not so expensive. IMG_9615.JPG

Mari North and Holly Saunders like this.
  5. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Despite the cold @Corie Henson , and I have to say you all do look cold ...they are great photos...very clear..and the place looks lovely.. How far from your home is Canyon Cove...sounds like you had a good time tho', it's just nice to get away for a few days from the stresses of work...

I have to say I absolutely detest the wind, I can cope with most weather types, but the wind is something that really gets me down.