Cancer And Other Observations

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Debbie Allen, Feb 27, 2016.

1. Debbie Allen

Debbie Allen Veteran Member
    Registered

I am not sure what to think of all this cancer in the body of humans and also many animals. I keep reading about this kind or that kind and some from some unknown source or they don't know how it starts. What they do know...or state that they know, is that cancer is a product of consuming sugar and lots of it.
    I did an article way back on sugar and how it is processed and the like. I also had in the article about Aspartame and the use of that. I also have been watching the stories that are told about cancer and when the disease has made it's appearance in the modern world. Things that we have been consuming, breathing, drinking have been around for at least, if not more, than 1,000 years. My observation or question on this is: why so much now in the last 50 years. I don't remember all this cancer being around when my grandmother was alive or even when my mother grew up. I also have read articles that state the the medical field have misdiagnosed many patients that they have said that they had cancer. Many have gotten the chemo and surgeries to remove the cancer....and didn't have cancer to begin with.
    Bringing up X-Files again they brought up the proposition that cancer is a virus and it was put in the Small Pox Vaccine years ago. I do not belive that there would be such a thing as that, but I am thinking, just from observation, that it is a virus and that many have gotten it from some source to control the population. Call me weird, but something unnatural is going on with all this cancer. Oh and animals don't eat sugar and they still get cancers. Lab animals that is.
    I had a Brother-In-Law that was total vegan, ran/walked 5 miles every single day. He was a High School PE teacher and revelled in healthy stuff. He got cancer and died a couple years after they diagnosed him and he got chemo. I have heard that others do the same thing and I don't think it is diet anymore.
    So where does this "virus" come from and who makes it and how did they choose who gets/got it?
    I could go on and on with this, but I better stop here.

2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't have the answers and I think we do have more cancers now but that could also be because of early diagnoses plus more reporting of things and just more information about everything.

I do know of cancers happening earlier too though. I had a childhood friend who had a big family and almost everybody died of cancer. Her sister at age 21, her mother in her 40s and all her aunts and uncles. They should have studied her family because I've never seen so much cancer in one family.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  3. Debbie Allen

Registered

Yes, you have a point. I remember seeing a post on Medieval.net that was about cancer of the Uterus(?) I think. It was on FB. So they did have them in the middle ages. I always take what I read, anywhere now, with a huge grain of salt. After going through a Small Business class and they touched on Marketing and research, I kind of see things in a different way. I am in the process of writing another segment or chapter to my business blog about this. It all depends on who is giving the news, who is getting paid for it and what they are doing with thier competitors. Some of it is just plain hogwash and is posted just for the sake of getting people riled up. I have seen lots of that int he last 3 years alone.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  4. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

True, there is bias everywhere and you just kind of have to make your way through it. I always check the source first.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2016
    Debbie Allen likes this.
  5. Debbie Allen

Registered

6. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

May I throw in my two cents? IMO, our environment is much more polluted with an enormous number of agents which are known as carcinogenic. To name a few: Dioxin, PCBs, many hundreds of kinds of both pesticides and herbicides, food additives used for preservative purposes such as Sodium Nitrite.

This proliferation of synthetic chemicals began before the middle of the last century. "Better living through Chemistry", the line went.

Early diagnosis certainly reveals cancer whereas years back, it may have gone undetected. Eventually, though, if it's present, it will surely make itself known when diagnosis becomes easy and obvious.

In testing done worldwide of folks from all walks of life, some living in the farthest reaches of the earth, away from the "travelled paths", blood samples revealed the presence of synthetic chemicals like PCBs in well over 90% of those tested. I can provide a source for this if wanted. Frank

Sheldon Scott and Debbie Allen like this.
  7. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Regardless of where it comes from, and how we get cancer, one fact stands out, and that is that cancer cells live on sugar. As @Debbie Allen pointed out, most of the people in modernized countries eat a whole lot more refined sugar that we did in generations past, and even if the sugar does not actually cause the cancer, it contributes to it spreading.
    One of the ways to help prevent cancer is to eat anti-cancer foods. This is not going to stop our bodies from being infected with all of the pollutants in the air and water (as @Frank Sanoica pointed out in his post); but if the cancer cells have nothing to eat, then they will either die out, or at least not thrive as well.
    Grapes have something in them that kill cancer cells (I think it is the dark colored grapes like concord), and one anti-cancer food is to eat these grapes first thing in the morning when the cancer cells have gone without food all night. They want the sugar from the grapes, and then the part of the grapes that kill cancer cells, kill the cells after they have eaten.

Another important anti-cancer factor is iodine. Iodine is needed for all of our hormone-producing glands to work properly; so (as an example) when the thyroid does not get enough iodine, then you can develop thyroid cancer. Same thing goes for the ovaries, and the prostate. Gland seem to be where a lot of cancers develop, and iodine shortage is contributary to that.
    Iodine is easy to supplement. You can take kelp tablets, or increase foods that have a high iodine content. Iodized salt does not do the trick, and most of it evaporates before it is used.
    I take several drops of Lugol's Iodine supplement every day, mainly for thyroid support; but also for the other benefits that iodine has for the body.

http://healyourselfathome.com/HEALT...ENTS/1_NOT_ALLOWED/iodine_against_cancer.aspx

Edit to correct mistake. Sorry to both Debbie and Babs for the wrong name.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2016
  8. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

@Yvonne Smith....I don't think that was me that pointed out the sugar stuff.

Yvonne Smith and Chrissy Cross like this.
  9. Debbie Allen

Registered

I would like that source, if you don't mind.
    As far as it being more prevalent the chemicals and such....I am not a total believer in that as I know about how the cycles work on earth. The soil of the earth is a cleanser of sorts. It is also some sort of rebalance to what is above and below and in the middle of the atmosphere. It just keeps going around and around and anything nowadays has something in it that is suppose to cause cancer. What if everything is the cancer? Not everyone gets cancer that would eat the same things and breat the same air. Some get it no matter what they do or don't do.
    Thanks for your 2 cents.

10. Debbie Allen

Registered

Well Iodine is put in table salt, but then again that is supposed to be bad for you too.
    Like I stated in my Original post, My Brother in Law did everything right and still got cancer.
    As with the sugar, they are going overboard on that one. You body needs a certain amopunt of sugar to work. Someone once told me that they could not understand why when their family member that was getting chemo was given nothing but surgar laden food and snacks. I don't know about the sugar becasue if you don't get sugar then you don't get energy. Yes I know all about that debate on what kinds of sugar are good and what are not good, but the fact remains sugar is a plant and we have been eating it for a very long time.
    So also if sugar is the culprit why can't medical professioals rid anybodies body of it?
    Another thing that I read was that cancer also does not thrive in a certain spectrum or ray of light. So why are thy not using that also.
    Another one is that they have proven that cancer cells injected into other cancer cells will irradicate the cancer. Why don't they use that too?
    I really think that the world, other than the USA, has answers but the USA is so hip on controlling it's population in health and mind that they prefer to make people sick just so they can pander to drugs and such.

Sheldon Scott likes this.
  11. Debbie Allen

Registered

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  12. Frank Sanoica

Registered

Debbie, I will get the source you asked for a bit later this evening. It is a seriously scientific book written in terms we all can understand.

Meanwhile, I wanted to mention a bit more about what I think is true about the "antioxidants" present in certain natural foods; they are often referred to as "flavonoids". If found in plants, they are properly termed "Phytochemicals", of which about 4,000 have been identified.

In general, the fruits and vegetables thought to offer certain protection against the development of cancer in humans, are those having deep colors, as Yvonne mentioned, about grapes. The deeper the color, the better; Concord grapes are a good example. The flavonoid in them is concentrated in the skins, and is named "Resveratrol" (don't see it as reserve-atrol). Resveratrol is thus found in red wines which get their color from the grape skins. The Medical Society has in recent years advised that moderate consumption of red wine is not to be denounced.

There are very many flavonoids having purplish or bluish color. Red cabbage is good, beets, blueberries, pomegranates, all have them. Highest amounts are found in pomegranate and blueberry. However, each type of these plants has different kinds of flavonoids, so a good idea swould be to eat some of all of them.

Another class are Carotenoids, generally orange or yellowish in color. Carrots are high in them. When I was a little boy, my Mother always told me to eat my carrots, as they contain Carotene, which is "good for the eyesight". How that lady could possibly know that fact, having been born in a Slavic country in Europe, I've often wondered. Frank

A good descriptive article on Phytochemicals is: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phytochemical

A listing of the foods and their Phytochemicals is: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_phytochemicals_in_food

EDIT: Note that leeway is always offered in making claims about specific benefits. One must ferret out the facts that one believes make the most sense.

13. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

My husband's theory of cancer is the lifestyle we have now. In the olden days, there was only 1 stroke victim that I had seen but now there are so many on wheelchairs that I see and my mother is one of them. With breast cancer, there was no one I knew but chemotherapy is now getting to be a common term known not only by adults but also by children. It may be the pollution in the environment and the food that we eat since farms are also susceptible to pollution. In other words, the world is getting dirty and dirtier so cancer is getting prevalent.

14. Frank Sanoica

Registered

This may be the closest thing to an overall explanation. The extent of pollution of the Earth's environment is probably staggering, when viewed in the overall. There is, for example, a "dead zone" in one of the oceans the size of the State of Rhode Island, in which nothing has been found living.

Corie Henson likes this.
  15. Frank Sanoica

Registered