Buffet Dining

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Corie Henson, Oct 2, 2016.

1. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

It seems to me that our family is getting used to buffet meals whenever there is an occasion. Last Thursday, we were treated to a buffet dinner in a seafood restaurant for my brother-in-law's birthday. Crabs, shrimps, broiled fish, it was filling no doubt and what's in doubt was my diet regimen. On the next night, we were again invited by my sister for another buffet dinner but this time in a Chinese restaurant.

I have noticed that our dining was not as excited as the night before. And although the Chinese food was great, perhaps my husband was right in saying that what we ate the other night was not fully digested yet, huh.

Joe Riley likes this.
  2. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

"All you can eat", is not the name of a diet! :);)

[​IMG]

Sheldon Scott likes this.
  3. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

I like the variety of a buffet but I usually avoid them because I tend to make sure I get my money's worth.:rolleyes:

4. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I used to like buffets because I could go back for more. Now, I rarely go back for more after my first plate. I still like buffets because of the options that are available, and because I can see what I am choosing.

5. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Veteran Member
    Registered

There are some sumptious buffets out there no doubt, however, the temptation to overeat is manifest. The last time I was faced with a wonderful buffet, I could feel my waistline expanding as I contemplated it. I told my friend, that I did not feel I should be ingesting all that. We had a veggie plate at a nearby pub. I love buffets, but until I feel life pigging out, I am going to avoid them. It seems like all that food is loaded with salt. This was Golden Corral that included a chocolate fountain...Someday maybe, but not today!

Sheldon Scott likes this.
  6. Tim Burr

Tim Burr Veteran Member
    Registered

The only buffet I eat at is the breakfast one at Shoney's.
    I can have as many bowls of Grits as I want. The wife just rolls her eyes and moves on.
    I used to put them on a plate with butter and use my spoon to make roads and truck sounds as I ate.
    Had to switch to a bowl to save the marriage. I don't say anything when she uses a fork at a Chinese restaurant
    when I use chop sticks.:rolleyes:

7. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Veteran Member
    Registered

Shoney's has some good food, I had the best club sandwich of my life at a Shoney's one time. I used to work at one, when I was in college Although our's was ELby's. I never worked so hard in my life. However, as a waitress I always had money, that part was good! Jeesh, and we had side work to do, restaurant work is tough,,no Thanks!