Boy, There Really Is A Terminator

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Sarah Price, Jul 2, 2015.

1. Sarah Price

Sarah Price Veteran Member
    Registered

2. Hannah Davis

Hannah Davis Veteran Member
    Registered

Its kind of a frightening thought, kind of like the movie I Robot where robots that were suppose to be serving man kind started to turn on them. Now I hope that this death will continue to be investigated by the police and not chalked up as some accident. As somebody said in the article robots have to be programmed. If that is the case who programmed this robot and should this person be questioned. Maybe the robot wasn't responsible but its still possible this guy met with foul play and that the robot was used as the murder weapon. Just a thought of what could have happened here, but then again maybe it was just a horrible accident. Maybe the guy got in the way of what the robot was doing and the robot reacted, I don't know I wasn't there.

3. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

My husband said that the incident is an isolated one. It's not scary at all if that robot's uncalled for action was caused by a timing problem. Like a car, there is a timing belt in factories, said my husband, and it may have caused the slip. What's worrisome is when the robot had the intention to harm people, that is an entirely different story.

I have read an article that there is a plan to make robots with a soft shell so it would look like a stuff toy. And who is afraid of a stuff toy? It's huggable and lovable.