Blowing Rainbows

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Jenn Windey, Jan 31, 2015.

1. Jenn Windey

Jenn Windey Supreme Member
    Registered

I saw this yesterday on the weather channel, once again we were monitoring snow and how it would effect our day. New York has been absolutely freezing the last few weeks.

Anyway the clip is from whale watchers and made me smile at the utter irony of the situation. This is real life people, there are rainbows if we only take the time to look :):)

Krissttina Isobe likes this.
  2. Nikos Pine

Nikos Pine Veteran Member
    Registered

What a neat video! I have never seen anything like that! I believe you are right, all around us there are things that could add a little joy and brighten our day if only we take a little time to pay attention, and pull our heads out of the muck so that we can see the beauty of the present moment!

3. Michelle Stevens

Michelle Stevens Veteran Member
    Registered

That video is amazing. It's definitely a case of the person who shot it being in the right place at the right time because the light had to hit the water just right. I've managed to create rainbows using a hosepipe, but I've never seen anything like the one in the video before.

Now if I could just remember where my photo of a fake rainbow is!

4. Pat Baker

Pat Baker Supreme Member
    Registered

Amazing video. That is being at the right place at the right time. What an experience.

5. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

:oops:Simply super video! Usually you see the whale plopping their tails in the ocean.
    Whales visited Honolulu Harbor Jan. 5, 2012. "
    Uploaded on Jan 14, 2012
    Humpback whales in Honolulu Harbor 01/05/2012. Several humpback whales spent the morning in the harbor. This video was taken as two of them surfaced between the Star of Honolulu and the Falls of Clyde which are moored near the Aloha Tower."

Short version.

The news that day.

Honolulu Harbor is the red star.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 23, 2016