Bitter Melon Good For Health

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Krissttina Isobe, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

:oops:Bitter melon has been found to help you stay away from diabetes 2 and lower bad cholesterol. I've grown to like bitter melon. Bitter melon can be rendered less to non bitter for cooking. We like it with miso mix with the juice of Japanese Rakkyo juice.
    This video explains how to get the bitter out of bitter melon.

Holistic ways to stay healthy is the safest and no side effects too.
    We like a little bit of the bitter for our miso bitter melon. I just soak the biter melon in salt for 5 minutes. Rinse thoroughly, cut then cook till almost tender. We like a little crunch so we cook it for about 20 minutes. Cool then add miso and rakkyo juice. Soak over night for flavorful miso bitter melon.

2. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

I hated bitter melon when I was a young girl. My mother said that I would even cry when they tried to force me to eat it. But when I became an adult, my taste changed and I began to like it. Maybe it is because of the orientation in the office that bitter gourd is good for the health and that it can prevent sickness like diabetes. The most popular dish of bitter gourd is the Beef Ampalaya (local name for bitter gourd). Most restaurants have that dish. My favorite dish is Pinakbet, a variety of vegetables mixed with fried pork slices. But the easiest to cook is the omelet. After slicing the bitter gourd, it is blanched and then mixed in an omelet. Wonderful meal.