Benefits Of Epsom Salts, May Also Prevent Strokes

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Marie Mallery, Aug 30, 2022.

1. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Faye Fox and Thomas Stillhere like this.
  2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Epsom salts is a good way to get more magnesium into your body, and many people do not eat enough magnesium-rich foods; so we need a supplement. I have been taking 500mg of magnesium every night for several years because it helps strengthen the heart muscle. It is also calming to help with sleep and relaxes muscles to help leg cramps at night.
    I have not had any leg cramps at night since starting the magnesium supplement and eating more foods with magnesium in them.

3. Marie Mallery

Registered

Yvonne this is so true once I started drinking a little Epsom Salts a couple times a week no more cramps and less HBP.

4. Thomas Stillhere

Thomas Stillhere Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

My Great Grandmother died at 104, born in 1881. In her 60s she started eating the same thing morning noon and night. Breakfast was one egg, one piece of toast, one half of a grapefruit. She had one hot toddy after breakfast with 100 proof IW Harper. Usually had a can of Campbell's soup for dinner and lunch I doubt she ate much at all. She dipped Blue Label Snuff yet she lived until she passed in her sleep. I remember her just turning off her hearing aid when she had company that she didn't feel like talking to. She had some really great stories to tell. It was an old doctor who had told her to have that hot toddy every day. Now that's my kind of doctor !

5. Marie Mallery

Registered

Sounds a lot like the oldest living veteran who lived to be 114 diets. He smoked cigars, drank whisky and loved Campbells chicken noodle soup and butter pecan ice cream.

https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=f7cc...YXJkLXdvcmstcy0xMDgtWUVBUlMtT0xELmh0bWw&ntb=1

The oldest living US veteran, age 108, credits drinking whiskey and smoking a dozen cigars every day for his long life
    • Richard Overton served in the South Pacific during World War II from 1942 to 1945
    • He turned 108 this year
    • Overton lives in the same house he built in Austin, Texas, after returning from war
    • He likes to stay active and doesn't walk with a cane
    • He credits cigars, whiskey and 'staying out of trouble' for living so long
    By ASSOCIATED PRESS REPORTER and JOEL CHRISTIE FOR THE MAILONLINE

6. Thomas Stillhere

Registered

Knowing how to cope with stress is one of the major factors of living a long life.

7. Marie Mallery

Registered

I do believe that is true too.

Thomas Stillhere likes this.
  8. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

You can't make a statement like that without providing instructions.

So far, my available options seem to involve considerable jail time, so I just live with it. ;)

9. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

An Epson salts bath can relieve stress and soothe sore muscles, but can also dry the skin.

10. Marie Mallery

Registered

Years ago I saw a health nut old woman who dipped lemon in Epsom salt, scabbed her skin with it saying this is why she had such nice skin for her old age. I did try it but only a couple times saw no result, guess I started too late,:D

11. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

Needs more tequila. ;)

That's not that much different that a pumice stone.

12. Thomas Stillhere

Registered

I learned to turn off sudden stress when I was younger and dealing with gunshot surprises, 40 feet was our normal operating height making it much harder for someone to hit us. When you know you are in a bad area and fly over a location that looks totally calm and innocent and suddenly get a burst of AK47 right under your aircraft from a spider hole your heart rate jumps up over the peg. You mentally force the heart rate to come down and continue to do what you came for. Life is a feather in the wind, you never have control of what each day brings but you can control some aspects. I talked a lot to myself and even said silent prayers to my maker, then you are at peace and you can deal with what fate brings. I made it for 3 years and most veterans of all our wars except the recent fiasco of Afghanistan, served an average 13 months. They were abused and used by the guberment. Most people think WW II veterans served from start to finish but that isn't true, they rotated after 13 months, as we did but for us we could extend 6 months 3 times before it was mandatory to leave. You would be surprised to see how many men did serve a long time in RVN. I met a lot of Infantrymen that came back for 2nd and 3rd tours but only as gunners on the choppers because like me they did not like walking. The best thing was you were more liable to actually see your enemy.

John Brunner likes this.