Benefits Of Dopa Mucuna

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Joy Martin, Mar 20, 2024.

1. Joy Martin

Joy Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

I've started taking this Dopa supplement today. In a nutshell here is what it's for:

Mucuna's naturally occurring levodopa is an essential precursor of the neurotransmitter dopamine, which contributes to brain and nervous system health. Dopamine plays an important role in behavior, cognition, voluntary movement, sleep, mood, working memory, and learning.

I'm primarily taking it as I've started to feel a Lowness in my body, a near depression and have no interest in any A/D drugs. I've never taken this Dopa Mucuna so it should be interesting I HOPE. It's recommended to take it early in AM with food.

My issue comes with AGING and all in the world.....

John Brunner and Yvonne Smith like this.
  2. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Good luck with that...... but I don't think there is a pill to cure aging and I'm pretty sure there is not one to cure what's wrong with the world.

3. Joy Martin

Registered

I've been doing OK, but it' s HIT ME, I'm not looking for a Cure, but I am looking to FEEL more Up Beat with it all., and living in this Reset, I'd like to be able to handle it better .... ...thanks.....Shirley Martin.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2024
  4. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

If you find it let me know, I fight the blues often.

Shirley Martin likes this.
  5. Joy Martin

Registered

Marie, I'll give a report as I get into it more....j

Marie Mallery likes this.
  6. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Here is what Dr. Axe says about the mucuna bean, and it looks worrisome to me, @Joy Martin . Please be careful taking this , the side effects look pretty serious to me, and it is of course, related to the castor bean, which is where the toxin, ricen , comes from.

“Possible Mucuna pruriens side effects may include headache, pounding heartbeat, and symptoms of psychosis such as agitation, confusion, hallucinations and delusions.”

7. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Ok Joy

8. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

After reading the possible side effects provided by @Yvonne Smith,…..no thank you.

9. Joy Martin

Registered

And it's TOO BAD millions don't read the Possible Side Effects of all Pharma Drugs...isn't it....

And if anyone deals with a major health issue, caution on all therapies one puts in their mouth needs to be
    looked and monitored ... Be Smart -- with all drugs....How about that C19 jab drug people are shoveling into their bodies....

I'll proceed with caution and may call the Now company as they have a consultant on staff to answer questions about their products.

https://www.verywellhealth.com/mucuna-pruriens-7642782

John Brunner likes this.
  10. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I am not saying that you should not use this plant, @Joy Martin , just that people need to be aware of side effects if too much is used. Castor beans are a deadly poison, too (ricin); but people have used castor oil for centuries, and used properly, it can be very beneficial.
    Most of the medicines we have were originally from plants, and chemists just found a way to synthesize the properties in order to manufacture a product that they could charge for.
    The side effects of many commercial drugs seem to be much worse than what the person is taking them for, that is for sure; but they can save lives, too, when used properly.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  11. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

So far as the “jab” goes, when it and it’s sequential boosts came out, the media and the Government played a large part in pushing them leaving the public with little information about the downsides.
    I find no fault with those who took it nor fault doctors and nurses for pushing it because they were actually given no contrary information or for that matter, no choice because of Government interference.

That said, it was Because there was so LITTLE information that I and Yvonne refused the “inoculation”.
    *To be truthful, I haven’t even had a flu shot since 1967.*

Now, going back on topic, how can one “proceed with caution”? Once a supplement is taken, it is in one’s body and there’s little or nothing one can do about it when adverse effects come into play.
    In my world, one does ALL the research Before one takes a supplement or drug, not after the fact.
    To me, that’s like having a loaded firearm but not knowing how to shoot it. Learn about it first before pulling the trigger because even by accident, once you’ve pulled the trigger it is much too late to say, “I didn’t know”.

John Nopales likes this.