Ben-hur (2016)

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Gary Ridenour, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Gary Ridenour

Gary Ridenour Veteran Member
    Registered

based on the original from 1959. coming in Auguest

2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I remember seeing the old 1959 verion with Charleton Heston (always one of my most favorite actors); and even back then, this was a pretty wild and graphic movie. I started to watch the preview of the new one, and it did not take me long to decide that this is not likely the kind of movie that i want to see again.
    It is interesting how they seem to have taken an interest in making remakes of some of the old classic movies like this, and also some new ones, like the one of Noah a while back. I did watch that movie, and it was interesting.
    As I have gotten older, my tolerance for violence has decreased extremely, and it was never very much in the first place.
    I guess I was just meant for peace, and not drama. The ones of you who do watch it can let me know if it was better or worse than the original.

3. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

Good morning to you all it's a cool 5c but clear morning here
    Yes I feel the same Yvonne I can longer enjoy any violence in movies, I guess it's mainly ageing, but also a tiredness of observing so much real violence and brutality in the real world these days.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  4. Gary Ridenour

Gary Ridenour Veteran Member
    Registered

the Chariot race in the first one is still the best ever horse race ive ever seen. it cost 4 million to make and took almost 2 years.

5. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

A lot of the new versions are not Biblically accurate either. Noah wasn't for sure.