Are They Deliberately Leaving Out Any Facts Here?

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Brittany Houser, Oct 1, 2015.

1. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

Martin, I don't mean to sound off-topic with this talk of marijuana but originally I was saying these killers are psychopaths and sociopaths and could be completely controlled with medical marijuana. It's not all about gun control although selling assault rifles to young boys ages 20-30 is just asking for trouble.

Yvonne, you have to get a prescription for medical marijuana though (even to grow it I would imagine). That's interesting about the leaves vs buds being used for medicinal vs recreational. I didn't know that. Seems if you're in a state where it's legal you could grow it yourself but I think not. I think making cannabis oil (medical marijuana) is a special process and I think they make approx 30 types for use with various symptoms and health issues. Plus they grow it in a controlled greenhouse and use a special solution for cleaning it properly.

Don't quote me on that. I'm not an expert. My friend's son just started his own business in Colorado making this cleaning solution so she is where I get my facts from. Plus she sent me a link to a Ted Talk that discusses it and other literature. Her children have seizures, lyme disease, and other things things so she's really up on it and has found that medical marijuana REALLY works well. She asked me to do a painting for a fundraiser auction for lyme patients because insurance companies weren't recognizing it as a valid diagnosis. That's changing now I think.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2015
  2. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

Getting back to the topic at hand, we now know that Christians were targeted. From what I've seen, the shooter's online profiles have been edited several times, and changed so much it's difficult to know what to believe. What I believe is that he specifically targeted Christians. I don't know if the school/area was targeted because of Alek Skarlatos' actions on the train in Europe, but it seems too strange of a coincidence. Who knows if we'll ever hear about his writings, but apparently a manifesto was given to a student, and he was instructed to bring it to law enforcement.

It does seem odd that so many of these attackers have psychiatric diagnoses and have been on psychotropic medication, at least at one time. I'm tired of the government trying to shove their anti-gun agenda down our throats. It's clear that the guns aren't picking themselves up and shooting people, and in places where citizens don't have access to guns, other devices/methods are used.

On the other topic, I'm against illegal drugs, but am not opposed to medical marijuana, as long as it actually is effective in managing pain. I am open to learning more about it, it sounds like a great topic for a thread. I'd be interested to see where people stand on the issue.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2015
  3. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

Well, based on this story about today's stabbing attack on Spencer Stone (one of the 3 Americans who foiled the terrorist attack on the train in August in Europe), it does appear that perhaps the college was attacked because Alek Skarlatos attended there, and it was in his hometown. I hope this will open some eyes to what is going on. The reports say it's unrelated to terrorism, but I think it's a bit soon to proclaim that.