Are Most/many Here Being Given The Afib Fear?

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Joy Martin, Dec 9, 2023.

1. Joy Martin

Joy Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

I'm beginning to think it's a designer health issue for the group over 65 or so. Instilling the fear and working to push the patients on the pharma drugs.

Afib from what I have read has many pictures. I have NO issue to believe I have what the 2 docs are telling me.....No Issues whatsoever.

Magnesium is a mineral I've been taking steadily for over 20 yrs and so many other supplements for issues including cardio health.

I just do NOT trust the pharma world. And all the fear the docs continue to push.

I'm going to start on Nattoknaise very soon and NOT buy their line on blood thinners.....

I know many here trust the pharma world, I just do NOT.

2. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Doesn't grape seed extract prevent AFIB?

Bobby Cole and Beth Gallagher like this.
  3. Joy Martin

Registered

Well, thanks for mentioning it, it's true grape seed extract addresses so many conditons and one is cardio health. I've been taking G.S.E. non stop since 1995.....glad you mentioned it. Another thread here talks about Vit C and afib and grape seed ex is said to be 20 times more powerful than C......

4. Joy Martin

Registered

5. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

A little off topic but if one does want to take GSE, one should NOT be taking vitamin C.
    From my reading in the past, the combination of the two has a tendency of jacking up one’s blood pressure.

Also, there are some controversial studies that show that in some people, grape seed extract by itself can raise blood pressure and coincidentally, continued high blood pressure can also lead to AFib.

Incidentally, my wife has had AFib for quite a few years now and and it’s no laughing matter. If one believes they have a problem with it, they need to get it checked out quickly.
    The word “fear” is probably a bad thing to have with any problem but that said, being totally aware of one’s health problems especially when dealing with the one organ that can end your life in a second, is paramount.

You can mess with your liver, pancreas, kidneys, brain etc for a while but if your heart is doing weird things and you don’t get it checked out, it could be your life.

6. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Ab-so- damn- lutely!

7. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I take both of those but space them out during the day. My BP is very low, but everyone's physiology is different.

8. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

What Bobby said. :D And a reminder from Fearless Leader about this section of the forum... https://www.seniorsonly.club/threads/a-cautionary-note.21409/

Bobby Cole likes this.
  9. John Brunner

Re: AFIB...

I wore a heart monitor for 30 days straight, 24 hours a day. In early 2019 I had what they think was a slight stroke (TIA), so I wore that monitor to check for AFIB (since AFIB can cause strokes.) Things were fine, and I've not been bothered by any doctors about it since.

If you have 2 doctors saying you have AFIB, you might want to take heed. This can be objectively measured, and it's nothing to mess with, since it can cause blood clots. And not everyone gets symptoms.

So tell us about the 2 doctors, who they are, why you saw them in the first place, etc. Just because doctors are often wrong does not mean they are never right.

10. Joy Martin

Registered

Thanks for all the varied opinions, I believe I'll go with my "gut" feeling on it all. Grape Seed Ex at 9:30 pm or so, and some Vit C during the next day. No colds, no flus etc etc in about 40 yrs.

Docs do good and docs do damage, my body is very damaged from a doc's job......

Back in Jan 2017, docs FINALLY found knee infection with an MRI and the 2.5 months of abx IV got me walking again.....The UCLA gang did a bad bad job when they had me for 4.5 months and I didn't walk......I put my life in their hands.......

I've had some SHITE stuff from docs.

11. Beth Gallagher

Registered

I have a serious question for you. You always go out of your way to trash doctors and "big pharma," you don't seem to believe that doctors can help so you don't follow their orders. So why did you sign up for the home visit doctor? Isn't that a colossal waste of her time and yours? Just curious.

And so far, I have not been "given the Afib fear."

12. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I do believe that you’ve met the quota for health fears. I do pray that you should be good to go from now on.

13. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Oh believe me, it never ends.

Yvonne Smith and Don Alaska like this.
  14. John Brunner

I'd still like to know why they said "AFIB." This condition is quantified and measured, not deduced or opinionized.

15. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Just as an aside since @Bobby Cole brought it up, I just got a note today form an old friend (in several ways) who has now been diagnosed with his 7th different cancer. He has been chosen for a special genetic study since he is still alive and kicking, living on his own, driving, and volunteering for several charities in his spare time--he is 92 years old.