Arctic Sea Ice

Discussion in 'Science & Nature' started by Don Alaska, Dec 27, 2021.

1. Thomas Stillhere

Thomas Stillhere Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Reminds me of the movie "30 Days of Night". Except it wasn't Polar Bears doing the hunting. ;0)

Don Alaska and John Brunner like this.
  2. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Italian forecasters think solar minimum is causing global cooling (2018)
    "On 'Il meteo', an Italian weather forecast website, they continue talking about solar minimum and cooling," says Dr Poletto. "The funny thing: they say the sun is "unusually" weak, showing no knowledge about long term solar cycles. Going on in the article, however, they mention Maunder minimum, the little ice age, and other cold periods."
    [​IMG]
    North American temperatures on December 10, 2016

3. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

The sun has such an influence on our climate and our weather, and it never sees the light of day in "climate change" conversations.

I've referred to spaceweather.com in other comments here. It is a great website that discusses topics such as astronomical events (meteor showers, comets), solar events (flares, spots, Corona Mass Ejections, EMPs), and conditions in our upper atmosphere (thermosphere.) It is for both the layman and the propeller head.

You can sign up for emails (I believe they come once or twice a week) letting you know when events are happening/going to happen so you can observe them and/or just be informed. And there are general articles. It helps to understand what's really driving the trends and conditions we experience each day, even if you're not a credentialed expert ;)

Don Alaska, Joe Riley and Al Amoling like this.