Anyone Have Heart Stents?

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Marie Mallery, Aug 29, 2022.

1. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

I had my two put in Jan 2020. How do we know if they are ok? After you get stented does it mean you keep needing them?
    My sister-in-Law has 7, my neighbor has 11 so what's going on with these things, why so many?
    I take a baby aspirin a day. I haven't seen a heart doctor since they lied and put them in.
    But my nurse practitioner did a 60 second EKG. I have diabetes and perihelial arterial in my legs mainly my left leg. My left foot is numb on top. N.P. didn't think it was anything to worry about.

Thomas Stillhere likes this.
  2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

No. So far, no heart problems.

Marie Mallery likes this.
  3. Marie Mallery

Registered

Thats good Ken and hope you never do but do you know anyone who keeps getting stents. I keep going online and read different things about them. All kinds of opinions.
    Not trying to stop anyone from following their dr. jusy want to 'advise'; you to make sure you need the procedure'.

https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=fd04...0aGV5cmUtc3RpbGwtd2lkZWx5LXVzZWQuaHRtbA&ntb=1

Heart Stents Are Useless for Most Stable Patients. They’re Still Widely Used.
    Why are so many people agreeing to an expensive procedure — and putting themselves at risk — for a placebo effect?

Last edited: Aug 29, 2022
  4. Thomas Stillhere

Thomas Stillhere Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

My Sister worked for the manufacturer of the stints in San Diego up in Los Angeles. Must be a thriving business for sure. How did they determine you had diabetes ?.. For a couple years now they have told me I was border line and should cut down on the sugar. Yeah right ! I know for a fact I have a genetic fault that pushes out false results on Cholesterol test. It seems one of the three tested areas for cholesterol is always lower in the test and normally those three scores would always be about the same. So they told me it had to be a genetic thing. I don't have a heck of lot of enjoyment today and I sure hate to think I couldn't have candy. I did read that coffee does no harm to diabetics and you can drink all you want without sugar or cream of course. I love those fruit slices and can't force my head to turn the other way when I pass them in the store. My two knees are very painful and have gone to seed but I keep on walking but just a lot slower and also a bit wobbly at times. I don't like the idea of spending all my remaining time in a doctors office. When it is time to check out it's time. Now if I had a lot of severe pain I couldn't deal with I would go and get some pain killer that would help. I haven't had a pain killer prescribed for around 7 years and the only reason I stopped them was they did no good for my knees and just a tiny bit with my upper spine. I found that Aleve did a good job for my knees and later on I had an upper and lower scope done and I had tiny red lesions in my throat and upper pie hole. He said it was due to taking the Aleve because they have been noted for doing that. He suggested to me that I take Tylenol but like everything else it is only one mans opinion. I know Tylenol is very bad for the liver but I take them when I can find them here where I live, the dollar store has had empty med shelves now for two months, not a pain killer for arthritis to be found. 500mg is a joke when it comes to pain relief for arthritis.

5. Marie Mallery

Registered

Thomas my test came back about 12 years ago AIC-7. So I eat cake, ice cream or candy at times but really have to work for it, I exercise a lot and listen to music to rile me up and dance if that's what you call what I'm doing.:p.

6. Ron Beforee

Ron Beforee Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Well, they put three in me back in 2001 . So far ... knock wood ... I have had no problems . Current BP / last check 129/66 last A1C 6.5 yet they tell me my H/rate is a tad low [60] I just recently [3 weeks ago] passed an EKG with [as per the tech, great numbers.]

If only I could get rid of arthritis & the neuropathy

7. Marie Mallery

Registered

Thank you so much for this, since the stents every time I get to feeling really bad and weak, I think it's my heart from these stents. Guess its just no sleep or a bad day.
    Glad your BP and Sugar is under control. Those are great numbers considering how high they could be.
    My heart rate is usually in the low 70s too. Yesterday it shot up to 83 first time ever that high, don't know why, so I thought is it these stents Dr.Jekyll put in me.

8. Ron Beforee

Ron Beforee Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Keep in mind of course that I AM NO DOCTOR but sometimes when I feel less than I should ? I am just needing water ..... earlier today was one of those ? I drank about two twenty ounce cups , and now feel better.

Now today ...... I also took two [extra] Tylenol due to neck & shoulder pain. As such, I wont/can/t swear which my body was needing / responding too the most ?

9. Marie Mallery

Registered

I agree, we do need to drink plenty of water, which I do. It helps in many ways.

10. Dwight Ward

Dwight Ward Veteran Member
    Registered

I get a stent in my heart Monday. That's in preparation for a larger stent to be put in my aortic aneurysm later. I'm not too worried about either. No one lives forever.

11. Marie Mallery

Registered

I wish you the best and I'm glad they didn't lie to you like they did me.

Dwight Ward likes this.