Anyone For Lunch Or Dinner

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Terry Page, Feb 20, 2016.

1. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

As Lisa and I don't do breakfast or supper, we only have one meal a day now, at lunch or dinner time, whatever you call your midday meal, I started this thread all about lunch.

Today we had a vegetarian stir fry with a Singapore Curry sauce which was delicious.
    I don't usually have a dessert, but was tempted while out shopping for food this morning, so bought a concoction called "The Ruins of the Dukes House" it's a meringue base with a flavoured fresh cream. They call the cakes here by romantic names, but they are still as unhealthy :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

DSC09729.jpg

2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

There is no way that I could just eat one meal a day, Terry.

Your meal looks like a balance of healthy and unhealthy....,perfect! :)

3. Terry Page

Registered

That sums me up as well Chrissy :rolleyes:

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  4. Ruby Begonia

Ruby Begonia Supreme Member
    Registered

Both look delicious. I'm thinking about a burger for lunch. There's not much else in the house today.

5. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't get lunch when I'm at work...I don't get time to stop to eat....but when I'm not at work I always have lunch or at the very least brunch ( I couldn't eat just one meal a day either) ...so I'll get back to you tomorrow..:D

Sheldon Scott and Ruby Begonia like this.
  6. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

Those look yummy, @Terry Page. Since I cook breakfast every day and supper many days, I tend to have a snack for lunch. Sometimes it will be an energy bar, other times a fruit/cheese/peanut butter plate. Other times, I'll just heat up a small amount of leftovers. The only time I really do something specific for lunch is if I'm having company over, and then I will usually make something like quiche.

Terry Page likes this.
  7. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

Pardon me but I'm wondering how you survive with only one meal in a day. Filipinos are eaters, we normally eat 5 times in a day, that's breakfast, lunch and dinner plus mid-morning snack and mid-afternoon snack. If you limit the frequency of eating, some of us would suffer from gastritis or maybe ulcer. I remember once someone suggested to me the after-6 diet that I can eat anything before 6pm only. That didn't sit well with my stomach which was always growling. Much more if I would eat only once a day, huh.

8. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

Breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner, supper, or by any other name, I'm always ready to eat!:)

9. Terry Page

Registered

We had a chicken curry for lunch/dinner from yesterdays leftover chicken, the first meat for a long time, but the free range chickens are so good here and very local.
    Regarding the one main meal a day, we do have kefir in the morning and the early evening, so that settles the stomach well, and I have never felt so good digestion-wise, plus my weight is very steady and I never feel hungry, which I admit is more down to the kefir than the one meal a day routine.

Sheldon Scott likes this.
  10. Ruby Begonia

Ruby Begonia Supreme Member
    Registered

Last night's leftover salmon made into "salad" with capers, red onion, celery & mayo, spread on multigrain tortilla chips for brunch with a bowl of homemade vegetable soup

Chrissy Cross and Sheldon Scott like this.
  11. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

I've had one meal a day for I'm trying to loose some weight, but I ate a large breakfast that day. Your meal looks so wonderfully scrumptious! I fast very rarely so as to shrink my stomach and loose some weight via doctor's orders whom I'm seeing this week, so wish me luck!

Chrissy Cross and Holly Saunders like this.
  12. Terry Page

Registered

Today we had a stir-fry of buckwheat with onions and the last of the leftover chicken, I love buckwheat one of my favourite grains.

Here it is with a tomato garnish ala Lisa

DSC09802.jpg

13. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm just about to Have broccoli and Stilton Soup...

14. Terry Page

Registered

We had lunch at our local Georgian restaurant, we had two Ojakhuri's and some cornbread washed down with a couple of glasses of Isabella and porter.

ojakhuri-family-meal.jpg

[​IMG]

15. Mari North

Mari North Veteran Member
    Registered

Oh, @Terry Page , that looks absolutely wonderful! I have no idea what Ojakhuri is, but by the looks of it, I'd enjoy it very much. Those are shallots on top?

Chrissy Cross and Terry Page like this.