Anyone Else Want To Rant? Join In

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Von Jones, Jan 29, 2021.

1. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I had sticker shock at the garden center last month. So I bought some seeds. :D I'm not paying $5 for a tomato seedling.

2. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Use seeds whenever you can. Seeds have almost doubled in price from a few years ago, but they are still much more economical than buying plants...unless you don't want the hassle, then buy from me;). I have never shipped plants, though.

3. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Damned medical bureaucracy compounded by the unaccountability of Work From Home!!!!!!!!

A recent lab test found that my catheter sediment issues are mostly the result of bacteria-caused sediment. I got a call on Friday the 24th that my doctor prescribed a medicated flush to address the issue, and that his scheduler was out sick and would be calling the following Monday to set up an appointment so I could be taught how to do this.

-Monday came & went with no phone call.
    -Most of Tuesday came & went with no phone call, so I called the main office (multiple facilities) to have an internal message sent to prod this person "She'll call you this afternoon."
    -She did not call me that afternoon, nor did she call me the next day (Wednesday.)
    -I called again Thursday at 10AM. "We'll send her another message."
    -Friday the 31st at 1:30PM I got a call from a cell# I did not recognize, so let it go to voice mail. The message was from the scheduler telling me to call the main office number.
    -The main office closes half days Friday and only takes emergencies that afternoon, so I could no get an answer.
    -I called the cell back and got voice mail, so I sent a text. The reply: "We close early on Fridays. I will call you early Monday morning to schedule the appointment."
    -I got no call this morning, so at noon I sent a text: "Don't forget about me." The reply: "Call the main number." :mad:

I got on the Patient Portal and sent a semi-scathing message outlining the above. It's been 10 days, and I should have been using the medication. Damn this stuff. Damn lazy people.

4. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

Go to Healthgrades and give them an appropriate review.

Yvonne Smith and John Brunner like this.
  5. John Brunner

I'll take a look at it. I hate to ding them..."bad urologist" is a relative term.

And being a squeaky wheel got some results. I have a CT scan tomorrow, a review of the scan on Wednesday, followed up with getting trained on the antimicrobial flush. I'll ask about how clean an intermediate container must be for the stuff I inject into the bladder, but don't think I'll get a decent answer. These guys don't sterilize their containers in house, and the last time I asked I was told to run my container under hot tap water. :rolleyes: And it will be my first meeting with the doctor since I offended him. Maybe I'll wear a mask.

6. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

I don't think you have to ding the urologist. When I used them, I "dinged" the billing and post-discharge care, but I gave glowing reports to the actual caregivers.

John Brunner likes this.
  7. John Brunner

I need to take another look. I didn't see a way to rate the practice...and my guy does not have a profile set up there. Two other doctors I've encountered there have accounts...they are not rated highly, but they're not rated low enough. Their ratings do not reconcile with reality.

Don Alaska likes this.
  8. John Brunner

So I’ve been sitting in the imaging center of the urology practice for about an hour now. Apparently they have a question to ask my urologist about the order for my scan, and I gotta wait for him to call.

dammit

Don Alaska likes this.
  9. John Brunner

All done. I appointed myself as my doctor’s spokesman.

10. Thomas Windom

Thomas Windom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Does that mean you can bill yourself too?

Don Alaska and John Brunner like this.
  11. John Brunner

Yup. AND I can refuse to take my own advice!

12. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

In a word, "Verizon." :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

13. Thomas Stillhere

Thomas Stillhere Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Well I hate to say it but after trying a new processor for this repair of a computer of mine has turned sour again after I find the motherboard "New" will not post using two sticks of ram dual channel. Runs fine on one stick but there can only be one fault and it has to be the motherboard. I can't believe I have had so much trouble with one computer. It is numbing to see it boot on one stick and run fine but no post using two, the ram both sticks are find and you can run either of the two but not two. I contacted msi the board maker and he said to try and reflash the bios again I did several times and it completes correctly and gives the bios number which is an update since I received the board but to no avail. I am just about whipped and I feel here comes another 17 bucks to ship it back to where ever it will go. I don't worry about it because msi will send another new board when the bad one is returned to them. I don't think I will ever get this machine running as it should, it is running now here in front of me but still teasing me and not giving me but 50 percent of the ram. ;0(

John Brunner likes this.
  14. Thomas Stillhere

Registered

Well it just gets deeper and deeper. I start filling out the online rma form and it gets to return address and it says NO PO boxes. That kills my replacement and now I am stuck with buying another 200 buck motherboard. It was 186 already. So now I start looking for a replacement board that will use the RAM and Processor I have already purchased. On a good note I can still use the machine but with only 16Gb of Ram. I guess that softens the blow a bit and I will use this motherboard and RAM in the machine I am now typing on. It is long overdue for an upgrade and at least the other machine would be a step up from what this poor simple machine has. Windows 7 was the last good windows release and I hate to go all win 10 with all the trouble I am having with this new hardware. It seems like everything I have ordered has been defective and it is not because I don't know how to install it. It all comes from china need I say any more. I am going to just relax and take it easy and wait until end of the month and order me another board but probably not this brand , this is two motherboards this year, first one was DOA and wouldn't even light up the led on the motherboard to diagnose it. This one runs fine but does not run dual channel or more than one stick of ram. I have rolled this heavy computer until I am about to drop. It looked a lot better before I started all this rolling around and it has been non stop for two weeks trying to find out why it won't post and turn on. And the sellers are the winners and I'm stuck with it due to their delays and the post office etc etc. You can't win today

15. Thomas Stillhere

Registered

I have the answer for that, just go down to the southern border and cross over to the Mexico side and then come up stream a bit and cross into the USA and ask for a doctor. You'll get anything you need plus housing and transportation and meal vouchers. Probably get one of those nice reflector folding blankets if it is a bit cold out.