Anyone Else Want To Rant? Join In

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Von Jones, Jan 29, 2021.

1. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

I am lucky. I am not APS. I have my little farm and garden and dirt to clean up. I have a lot of my health, a few friends, a senior forum to hang out on, and I just made an awsome big bowl of salad from kale, lambs quarters (a weed), sow thistle, dried tomato bits, grated carrots and cheese...
    Sometimes we are down. Sometimes we need to think of the good things in our lives. Last week I was where you are now--like there is not hope. But I don't have enough money to be destroyed and yet enough to feel no stress about that. I am looking into being born again, again, again...
    Find your solace where you can.;)

2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

What does APS stand for, @Mary Stetler ? I had no idea what Joy meant by those letters, but apparently, you do know what they stand for. I wondered if she meant apes, or even maybe apps (like on my ipad), but none of that made any sense.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  3. Joy Martin

Joy Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

APS are what SO MANY and could be the city people live by aps to do this, do that etc etc...I don't farm but have lived in a smaller city outside a big city for decades and I know too the radio I have on most of the day are very sensational in their broadcasting.......

My PT gal is going to try and live in Scotland, her family roots, as she doesn't want to raise her little one in t his MESS. whether she can adjust to a smaller town in Scotland, she'll find out.

I'll miss her but she's got to do her thing....she agrees the pharma world does not want Well People....who would they push their drugs on;;;;;;;

Don Alaska and Mary Stetler like this.
  4. Mary Stetler

Registered

I should have said, I am not an AP any more than I am my avatar. I understood Joy to be referencing APS on her phone etc. Push a button for this. Push a button for that...We are not even talking to real people half the time. But I try to stay in the real world more than on devices.
    I understand her feelings, if this is the case.
    Eventually AI will make it even easier to avoid people and be controlled by faceless devices. And the news is frightening. But it seems it has been since Biden--he is only the culmination of the plan set in motion decades ago. I could go on but, finally, more and more can see and maybe do something about it. Like voting out ALL career politicians not in the Freedom Caucus so we can finally get THEIR attention.

Don Alaska and Tony Page like this.
  5. Lulu Moppet

Lulu Moppet Veteran Member
    Registered

I would like to rant about a car ride yesterday that took 3 hours instead of the usual one. I believe it was due to car accidents or something in a different borough. Living in NYC not for sissies. It's for idiots. Like me. However, to give myself some credit, I'm stuck where I am. Stuck I tell you.

6. Mary Stetler

Registered

You DRIVE in NYC? You are my hero!

7. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

I grew up in Brooklyn (Williamsburg) My family moved to long island when I was seventeen or eighteen. The few times I went back to see relatives I hated driving in any of the boroughs. Trip to manhattan we're only by LIRR. I can understand how you feel.

8. Lulu Moppet

Lulu Moppet Veteran Member
    Registered

I don't drive anymore, it was a car service. However, Mary, I learned to drive in the city and had a car here for years & years. In NYC, there is this rule for pedestrians: When the sign says 'don't walk' it means RUN!!:eek:

9. Mary Stetler

Registered

I visited NYC in my teen years as my dad worked in the city. I took the train in. Later, he drove. But watching the goings on, even back then, I could not even think about driving.

10. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

What does "AP" stand for???

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  11. Joy Martin

Joy Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

AP means Application in Smart Phone world. In the other world that I have always belonged to; AP would be a Channel to add or change to your news outlets....

I own no Smart Phone and watch no tv anymore....So the radio I have on goes on and on with the AP advertising.....

Last edited: May 16, 2024
  12. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I have now seen that Chat GPT has a new ap that can be downloaded. It is cute as it can describe your location in detail, including the rooms in your house. The conspiracy folks say it is very dangerous as you are giving the ap the permission to watch the cameras on your phone, track your location and listen to the mics. It can reconstruct your life and you are giving it permission to do so.

13. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Dang it. A fast moving "line of thunderstorms" just rolled through and now the damn power is off. :mad::mad: I'm sitting here by candlelight wondering how long my cellphone battery will last. Guess I'll wander downstairs and drag out the drip coffee pot. Stupid weather.

14. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Don't those car jumpers have a way to hook up to your cell phone?

Don Alaska likes this.
  15. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Yes. We have one powering a table lamp downstairs and one lamp upstairs so we won't trip and kill ourselves in the dark.