Anybody Want To Fly On A Us Airline?

Discussion in 'Travel & Vacation' started by Don Alaska, Feb 10, 2024.

1. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

2. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Around 2010, Obama changed the rules so that those who were actual Air Traffic Controllers exiting the military went to the end of the line to do that work in the civilian lives, rather than following the well-trod path those before them took.

This is all meant to destroy, on every level. Putting disqualified people in any position--much less the life & death roles--serves one purpose only, and it's not to get the job done, and it's not to elevate anyone's skills. It is to destroy and to try to foment anger and resentment among ourselves, rather than direct it at the guy who's "Only trying to make things equal." And it puts lives at risk. And it kills the industry. And best of all, it makes us pay the price for our mobility.

I see no effort to help people improve themselves so they can meet the standards.

Mary Stetler and Don Alaska like this.
  3. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't want to fly on any airline.

Krystal Shay likes this.
  4. Tony Nathanson

Tony Nathanson Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I haven't flown since 1998 when I attended my cousin's wedding & graduation from medical school in Youngstown, OH. There is nowhere I need to go & I'm not intereted in travel, anyway.

Krystal Shay and Beth Gallagher like this.
  5. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

We have absolutely no problem at all flying and will do it again. Of course, when we fly, we are going to some type of western event and/or rodeo. The most time we have spent sitting in an airline, going somewhere, was two hours. That's nothing compared to how many hours in the air people fly for their jobs or to go on a vacation.