Anti-vaccination Movie Pulled Due To Pressure

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Martin Alonzo, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Mari North

Mari North Veteran Member
    Registered

Nope, I didn't have a choice either... there was a vaccination schedule for my daughter and they were given at certain times, and that's that. When she turned 6, the series was completed except for the boosters.

I'm pretty sure my parents didn't have that choice either in the 60s when we were getting them. You got your kids vaccinated because back then, everyone knew someone who had polio and I doubt that anyone would have chosen that risk even if it had been an option.

For my family, it was my dad's cousin... she's in her mid 80s today and still suffers those lingering effects that never go away. I'm very thankful that I've never had to see diphtheria and the other epidemics and so on, but frankly I'm more than a little concerned that the doctor who was paid a HUGE amount of money to get the autism rumor started probably never even considered the devastating aftermath that just may happen at some point. And we thought the Ebola scare was bad.

Holly Saunders and Chrissy Cross like this.
  2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

All true, Mari!

3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Not true.

Although some states already have or are considering passing laws that restrict teenagers’ access to abortion by requiring a written parental consent prior to having an abortion or by requiring medical personnel to notify a minor’s parents of her intention to have an abortion, such laws are routinely appealed to the higher courts, and are often overruled. Nevertheless, nearly every state has judicial bypass options that allow a pregnant teenager to obtain a judge’s permission to proceed with an abortion without involving her parents. Furthermore, some states allow a physician to waive parental involvement, and some allow a teen to have professional counseling instead of parental involvement.

Law Dictionary: What Are Teen Abortion Laws in the United States

California, Connecticut, the District of Columbia, Hawaii, Illinois, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Oklahoma, Oregon, Vermont, and Washington laws do not require a parent's permission in order for a pregnant teen to have an abortion. Very few states require parental permission. Only North Carolina and Maine require parental permission. The others simply require that a parent be informed, and some not even that.

Not to derail this discussion, like the belief in global warming, mandated vaccinations have become a government agenda item so you it is very likely that you will find that those professionals who are not in favor of mandatory vaccinations are discredited, because they are discredited the moment they dare offer an opinion that differs from the agenda. Others, not wanting to be subjected to the same treatment, either go along with the agenda or say nothing on the subject at all.

I have always been able to find veterinarians who are willing to treat my cats without their having been vaccinated because many of them share my concerns, namely that there is a higher incidence of cancer in animals who have been vaccinated, and particularly in those who have receive multi-dose vaccinations.

A vaccine-associated sarcoma or feline injection-site sarcoma is a malignant tumor found in cats and, less often, in dogs, which has been linked to certain vaccines. Vaccines are also associated with several other types of cancer, as well as other medical problems.

No doubt, some vaccines may be worthwhile, while others have dubious desirable effects. In all vaccinations, there is a risk involved, and reasonable people should be allowed to weigh the benefits and risks, and make their own decision for themselves or their children.

The argument has been successfully made, in regards to legal abortions, that a woman's body is her own, and the government should not intrude. In an abortion, you're also talking about the life of the baby to be aborted, yet that argument is advanced, and has been largely successful. How does your body become the business of the government when it comes to introducing poisons in the form of a vaccine? That doesn't even make sense.

There are risks and there are possible benefits to vaccinations. Probably, if they weren't so expensive, I would take the risk and receive a shingles vaccine, but I will not take a flu vaccine because they seldom work, yet the risks are there nevertheless.

I am not saying that vaccines should be outlawed. I have no doubt vaccines have contributed to a reduction in some diseases, but they have also caused problems. I have no young children, but I would not sacrifice my child or risk my child's health for the sake of herd immunity. My own child would be more important to me than the herd. That concept sounds like something that I might expect from a government like they had in Germany in the 1940s. Our government was formed with respect for the rights of the individual over that of the majority, and I believe that our founders were wise in this.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
    Martin Alonzo and Yvonne Smith like this.
  4. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

It's easy to go along with the majority until your child becomes the minority. I never gave a thought to or questioned whether or not children should be vaccinated until my middle child had so many problems from most of the vaccinations they gave her and almost died from the DPT vaccine! Unfortunately, there are many cases like mine...but until now you weren't hearing about them much. And even if you did hear some things...it was usually only to blame whatever on everything but the vaccination they were given that day or a few days before. When you live through something like this with your child you no longer tend to just go along with the majority on vaccinations....or anything else for that matter.

Martin Alonzo and Yvonne Smith like this.
  5. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

That speaks to the opening post of this thread, too. The agenda isn't just about mandating vaccinations but to suppress information to the contrary. We already have a news media that is willing to self-censor itself, and not report things that run contrary to the government's agenda. Here, we have the entertainment arts media getting into the act to refuse to air a show after heavy pressure from the pro-vaccination lobby. I can understand someone coming out on either side of this issue, but to suggest that only one side should be heard, that's going too far.

Holly Saunders and Martin Alonzo like this.
  6. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

That's exactly right. Parents did not all of a sudden decide not to vaccinate their children for no reason. There are to many cases where other children were "poisoned" by those vaccines and word of mouth spread even when "those in charge" tried to suppress or blame the problems on something else. No parent deliberately withholds something from their child that may protect them....parents withhold things that can hurt their children. Vaccines can and do hurt many children and may even be the cause of autism in some children....no matter what is said to the contrary.

Yvonne Smith and Martin Alonzo like this.
  7. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

8. Mari North

Registered

9. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

Discrediting a source of information, or a person, is one of the first ways that the government has to keep us believing the things they want us to believe.
    Just look at all of the mis-information they have put out against Donald Trump, as an example. Even when they quote something that he says, they take it out of context or twist it around at the very least, and other times, they change it to something that he didn't even say. It is no wonder that so many people are totally ignorant of the good qualities of this man.
    When people are trying to warn us about something that either the government, or big pharma, are trying to do that is harmful to us, then I believe that it is good to at least investigate and see what is being covered up.

image.jpeg

Ken Anderson likes this.
  10. Mari North

Registered

Uh... no. This simply is false. I'm curious as to where you got that information, Ken, if I may ask. Mine's directly from Planned Parenthood. Additionally, many other states require parents be notified, but with permission not required. These are 25 that do require permission... that's half... a few more than the two you listed, eh? ;)

Alabama
    Your state requires that one of your parents give permission for your abortion. A judge can excuse you from this requirement.

Arkansas
    Your state requires that one of your parents give permission for your abortion.

Idaho

Indiana

Kansas
    Your state requires that both of your parents give permission for your abortion. If your parents are separated or divorced, only the parent with custody needs to give permission.

Kentucky

Louisiana

Massachusetts

Michigan

Mississippi
    Your state requires that both of your parents give permission for your abortion.

Missouri

Nebraska

North Carolina
    Your state requires that one of your parents, or a grandparent with whom you have lived for at least six months, give permission for your abortion.

North Dakota
    Your state requires that both of your parents give permission for your abortion.

Ohio

Oklahoma
    Your state requires that one of your parents be told of your decision at least 48 hours before the abortion takes place, and give permission for the abortion.

Pennsylvania

Rhode Island

South Carolina
    Your state requires that one of your parents or a grandparent give permission for your abortion.

Tennessee

Texas
    Your state requires that one of your parents give permission for your abortion, and separately that one parent be told of your decision 48 hours before the abortion takes place.

Utah
    Your state requires that one of your parents give permission for your abortion, and separately that one parent be told of your decision 24 hours before the abortion takes place.

Virginia
    Your state requires that one of your parents or a grandparent or adult sibling with whom you live give permission for your abortion, and separately that one parent or a grandparent or adult sibling with whom you live be told of your decision 24 hours before the abortion takes place.

Wisconsin
    Your state requires that one of your parents; a foster parent; a grandparent; or an aunt, uncle, or sibling who is at least 25 years old give permission for your abortion.

Wyoming
    Your state requires that one of your parents be told of your decision 48 hours before your abortion and give permission for the abortion.

11. Mari North

Registered

Yes, you're right, @Chrissy Page ... I just posted the list of permission states... half of them, but many more do require a 48 hour notification of parents. Very few require no parental involvement, but a few do.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  12. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Yes, seems you can prove a point by finding the right source. There really isn't any point for me to continue in this.

I won't change my mind and neither will Ken and Martin and Babs. I say do what you think is best for you and your family, that's what I've always done and so far so good.

13. Mari North

Registered

I agree with that and always have... but I need to see accurate information or it bothers me for days.. months, even years... hehe Okay, so I'm being silly, but I do need to "set the record straight" sometimes.

I know that no one will ever change their mind... and I'm good with that as long as decisions are being made on accurate information.

But this sure got disjointed... half is about vaccines and the other half is about parental permission for abortions and it got all tangled in each other.

Karen McKenzie and Chrissy Cross like this.
  14. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Lol, yes accurate sources are very important to me too, Mari. It's not easy either. I don't have that program Terry has that alerted him to the bad sites...will ask him, maybe a desktop thing though.

15. Ruby Begonia

Ruby Begonia Supreme Member
    Registered

With regard to Terry's post

Vaccination against measles brought cases in the US down from 3 to 4 MILLION to 667? How can anyone refute the success?

I'm pro vaccination. We were not even allowed to go to school unless proof of vax was submitted.

That's all.