Anti-trump Nonsense In The Media And Online

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Ken Anderson, Nov 16, 2016.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I don't feel like following any of this stuff as closely as I did the campaign itself, so far as refuting one thing after another, but we've been hearing a drumbeat of reports of Trump supporters bullying people, burning buildings, and generally being nasty, including someone supposedly wearing a "Make America Great Again" hat who punched some black woman or something, and of swastikas and KKK stuff being painted onto buildings, etc. Time Magazine even blamed Trump when some Jewish woman woke up to find that someone has painted a swastika on her door, this despite the fact that this woman lived in Ottawa, Canada.

The idea is the same as we saw during the campaign. Given a large number of accusations, a certain percentage of the population is going to believe that there's something to it. However, given that this sort of behavior benefits the Democrats and others who are opposed to Trump, I think it's reasonable to assume that most of these things are being done by Democrats and others who are opposed to Trump, and that much of it isn't true at all.

First of all, while I am sure there are people who are doing it, most people don't continue to wear campaign hats after an election is over, and someone would have to be awfully stupid to think that assaulting a black woman in a restaurant while wearing a Trump campaign hat would be beneficial to the Trump presidency. No, if this actually even occurred, I have no doubt that the person who did it was not a Trump supporter, and I wouldn't be surprised if the victim was in on it.

Another one had to do with a banner that had been hung on someone's house that used the N-word, saying something on the order of N-----S HAVE NO RIGHTS. The media ran with this story as a Trump supporter denigrating black people when the truth was that the banner had been hung there by the homeowner or tenant, who was black.

I don't doubt that there are racist people in America, but they are a tiny minority of the population. I also don't doubt that many of them voted for Trump, given that Hillary was the alternative. But even the most racist yahoo in the world probably isn't dumb enough to think that being obnoxious while wearing a Trump hat would help anyone but those who are opposed to Trump's presidency.

If you are a Trump supporter, would you really burn a black church and paint TRUMP on the building? In what world does that make sense in?

Like the accusations that were waged during the campaign, many of these stories have been proven to have been either outright faked or misrepresented by the media but, as in the campaign, they just keep coming out with more of them, knowing that no one in the media is going to fact-check anything that is said against Trump.

Along the same lines, the media reports on Trump's transition are ridiculous. Trump isn't telling them what he's doing so the media guesses at who Trump might be considering for one position or another, then when it turns out that they are wrong, they accuse him of not being able to make up his mind.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
  2. Ken Anderson

After posting the above, I came across a news story of a campus church that was vandalized with drawings of genitalia, a Swastika and "Trump" painted on the wall. Two freshmen at Northwestern University were charged with the crime. They were both Jewish, and they admitted to spray painting the offensive symbols in order to fuel the opposition against the Trump presidency. Although I doubt we'll read the conclusion of this story in any of the mainstream media outlets, they were quick to report on it before it was known who did it. Unfortunately for them, they were on camera.

3. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes, it's getting really annoying that lies are still being spread about Trump supporters or Trump. I would have thought that a Trump win would be a wake up call to the media to start reporting the truth, seeing how many people support Trump but I guess not...maybe the only way is to show them where it hurts....their pocketbooks.

I've starting complaining wherever I can. I have reported many posts on Facebook not because they were offensive but because I said I don't want to be seeing these type of ads or what's trending on my feed.

The first day after the election I did quite a purge.:)

I've also reported a poster on another forum to Google Adsense because she was talking about assassinating Trump...this is a senior forum that is very G rated and has Google Adsense.

The post was removed....maybe not because of me but it was removed.

Diane Lane and Ike Willis like this.
  4. Gary Ridenour

Gary Ridenour Veteran Member
    Registered

remember i talked about the next generation being a train wreck??

5. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Not all Gary...also there are some train wrecks on senior forums, lol.

6. Gary Ridenour

Registered

Soro's is ticked off to. so he's at it again

Diane Lane and Ike Willis like this.
  7. Ken Anderson

According to ABC News this morning, a recent poll found that 7 out of 10 people surveyed said that they did not believe the media AT ALL.

8. Gary Ridenour

Registered

speaking the media they want Trump dead to

A Los Angeles Times reporter who said that he wanted Donald Trump dead won’t be covering the election — or much of anything else, really — for a very long time.

Steven Borowiec, a freelance journalist who worked for the paper in South Korea, was fired after a tweet surfaced showing him saying, “I would rather see Donald Trump’s life end.”

source

one said he'll kill Trump with his own gun

9. Gary Ridenour

Registered

Diane Lane and Chrissy Cross like this.
  10. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

All the sanctuary cities are digging in. Can't wait to see how this plays out.

Diane Lane and Gary Ridenour like this.
  11. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I think if they keep pushing and pushing the Trump supporters will eventually fight back and we will have another civil war...do they think that they can cause the election results to be changed?

I don't think so and the the deplorables have more guns probably. :)

Martin Alonzo and Ike Willis like this.
  12. Gary Ridenour

Registered

Trump promised to block federal funding

Ike Willis likes this.
  13. Gary Ridenour

Registered

you can't have a businessman running the country she say

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  14. Ken Anderson

The Press is highly offended that Trump didn't invite them to dinner with him yesterday.

Read more: Daily Caller

It's a "matter of security" to have Rachel Maddow along? Is she packing now?

15. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Lol, I saw that...I think the press needs to sit and think about why Trump might want to ditch them, lol...what idiots!

Diane Lane likes this.