And I Think To Myself What A Wonderful World Family Is

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by Babs Hunt, Jun 24, 2016.

1. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Family takes up a lot of my time, part of that is because I have a large Family. But most of that is because Family is a top priority in my life and always will be.

I love reading about everyone else's adventures, etc. If I had the extra time, some of those adventures might be mine too. I'm not ever going to go travel the World or even see all of America. There are some that might think I live a very boring life, but Family is life to me, Family is adventure to me, and Family is love, joy, making memories I will cherish forever, and most of all Family is Home.

I don't have a perfect Family. Along with the joys, there are also sorrows. But I have been blessed by our Creator more than I ever hoped or dreamed I would be. And I would not trade my blessings for anything in this World. I hope all of you know the blessing of Family whether your family consists of just two of you...or too many of you at times. God bless and keep us and our Families.

37319_1320317368502_8005207_n.jpg
    This is the wonderful woman who instilled in all of us what Family is. Thank you Moma.

This is my children and grandchildren, although one who is in the womb in this picture is now our Luvey (below) and here in this world with us. But her brother is in the womb now and will join us sometime in September. Our Luvey is the reason I take the train to Texas alot. :)
    pink girl.jpg
    24461_4553811043823_758280347_n.jpg 12376668_10206243720113496_6263926555127228391_n.jpg

betsy.jpg 12813985_10206243849716736_8051718671819239811_n.jpg th (52).jpg

Daniel and the boys.jpg Kristin and Jesse's wedding.jpg

Last edited: Jun 24, 2016
    Nancy Hart and Holly Saunders like this.
  2. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

I'm speechless with the photos, @Babs Hunt. A big family of beautiful women and cute kids. I agree that no caption is needed in your post because there is truth in the saying that a picture paints a thousand words. And since our orientation here is America, particularly the white Americans, so those in the pictures depict the American image to me. Well, what can I say but thanks for sharing those photos.

Babs Hunt likes this.
  3. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Thank you very much @Corie Henson. And there actually are Family members who aren't in those photos. I have to sit down and figure out who is missing before I can add their photos. But those pictures are a sample of siblings, children, grandchildren, and my siblings children too. There are siblings childrens' children that are missing..but I don't even know if I have photos...especially recent ones of everyone in our Family. And there is still my husband's side of the Family to add too. :) Life has been good to me.

Corie Henson likes this.
  4. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Great looking family, Babs. My family is the most part of my life also, although I do and did get to travel also but many times it was with family so it was extra fun.

I'm the oldest now and the youngest would be my niece's son who isn't even one yet. My other nieces aren't even married yet and even finished with school, so who knows if I'll see that happen.

5. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

:) I'm just praying I'll live long enough to see all my children's children born...and maybe even a couple of my great grandchildren too. But whether I do live that long or not, I have lived a life full of blessings and I am thankful for that.

6. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I've seen all my children's children born and I'm grateful for that, my husband missed the last 4. :(

Chances are slim that I'll see great grandchildren. Maybe one with the oldest grandson who is 17, but I'd rather he get a good education and job before he marries and settles down, to me that is more important than seeing a great grandchild. The rest of my grandsons are all much younger.

Babs Hunt likes this.
  7. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

My oldest grandchild is 18 and just finished High School. She will start College in the Fall. When she is ready to marry and have children is fine with me too. She will know when it is the right time for her.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  8. Chris Ladewig

Chris Ladewig Veteran Member
    Registered

Your family is a good looking bunch Babs and it looks as if you guys have a good time when you get together. There's not much left of my family and the ones that are left are spread all over the US. For reasons only known to themselves most have no reason to want to be close to the others. I haven't known anyone in my dad's family since he died when I was fifteen. He had a large family but I wouldn't know them if we were face to face. Your pictures make me wish I had made more of an effort to keep in touch with mine. You are blessed.

Babs Hunt likes this.
  9. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Beautiful, beautiful family...you're a very lucky lady Babs.... and I have to say the photo of the baby with the mirror, is just stunning...could there ever be a more cute baby?

Unfortunately I will never know the joy of grandchildren, my one daughter has chosen never to have children, so that's a sadness for me.

Patsy Faye likes this.
  10. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

@Babs Hunt - you truly are blessed
    Wonderful pictures - smashing family :)
    Good looking bunch to boot (hope you know what that means, I don't mean give 'em a kick :p}

Babs Hunt likes this.
  11. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm sorry to hear that Holly, especially since it sounds like you would have loved to know that joy. And I am blessed and our Luvey is stunning...but then so were all the other grandkids as babies! Luvey is just a born little Diva. :)

Holly Saunders likes this.
  12. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Can there be anything better than a loving family ..............I think not

Holly Saunders and Babs Hunt like this.
  13. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I'm sad that I'll never have a granddaughter but that's the way it is. You still have a lovely daughter to love and all your grand fur babies. It was your daughters choice and it's her life. At least when you visit you can focus on her, I have to divide my time.

Since I hardly see my son and 3 grandsons in Illinois, when I'm there I focus on the little ones so sometimes I feel
    That I don't get enough one on one time with my son.

Babs Hunt and Holly Saunders like this.
  14. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Yep it's true Chrissy, there's always 2 sides to a coin....

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  15. Texas Beth

Texas Beth Veteran Member
    Registered

I think the key word here is "loving". Not every one comes from a loving family. And, yes, a loving family provides security when the world seems like a dark and dangerous place.