Amazon Kindle Ebooks Sales

Discussion in 'Online Retailers' started by Yvonne Smith, Mar 23, 2023.

1. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Done! Thanks.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  2. Vada Bloom

Vada Bloom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

It’s been awhile since I dropped in and this is the first thing I saw. I’m not sure how I missed it last time but thanks for the booklist links, Yvonne.

I get a daily email from is Inspired Reads. https://www.inspiredreads.com/. It offers Christian books but not only those. It also offers clean fiction such as romance, mysteries, holiday and non-fiction books. It’s a short list each day which works well for me. I find something there a couple of times a week.

3. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Hey Vada. Glad you showed up; I was about to "Roll Call" you. :D Hope all is well.

Vada Bloom likes this.
  4. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

Amazon is giving a FREE two month trial for Kindle Unlimited right now, so if you are a prime member and like to read, this a a great time to try the Kindle Unlimited.
    I have had mine for several years, and every now and then they offer discounts for the yearly membership, so when I see that, I “gift” myself a membership, which starts when the old one expires. (You do not get the discount for renewal, but you do if you gift someone, )

Beth Gallagher and Don Alaska like this.
  5. Vada Bloom

Registered

Thanks, Beth. It's nice to be missed but I found my way back. All is well. I've gotten involved with more things lately and gotten a bit over extended. Now that it's cold (and it is cold today) I will have more time.

Yvonne, I will check that out. Thanks again. This has been a very good Kindle visit for me thanks to your posts.

Beth Gallagher and Yvonne Smith like this.
  6. Vada Bloom

Registered

I extended my KU membership this morning and had a weird moment. When faced with the decision of choosing 6 months, 1 year or 2 years I thought maybe 2 years is longer than I might need it. YIKES! First time I encountered that thought when doing something as mundane as a subscription. I ended up extending for 1 year. Does anyone else think that way?

Here's something more pleasant that I found on a tech site this morning. The Kindle Scribe is on sale. I actually didn't know there was a Kindle Scribe but I can see that it might be very useful for anyone doing research or reading anything on their Kindle where they need to take notes. It looks very nice and useful and a little more pricey than the other Kindles.

https://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Scrib...58eb0aaa3d3a5&language=en_US&ref_=as_li_ss_tl

7. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Yes; I notice that, too. I briefly considered buying a new vehicle but I keep thinking the one I have will "last long enough." :confused:

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  8. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

I have been reading on my iPad mini because it is simpler for me to use (I like simple) than the kindle was, and gave away my last kindle a year or so ago.
    Recently, my son and daughter-in-law have been talking about wanting to get healthier, and I was wishing that i could share my kindle library with Michael and Christina, because I have over 600 books in my library, many of them health related.
    Anyway, what I decided to do was to order from amazon an older version of kindle fire, and it is associated with my account, but will be delivered to my son’s house.
    It will just show up like I have a new kindle to amazon, and they can use it to read any of my library books that interests them. Since I also have kindle unlimited, they can read any of the books I borrow from there, too.
    I think that this is going to work out really well for me to share books with them !

9. Beth Gallagher

Registered

I did something similar for my sister. She lives in the boonies and does not have internet (GASP). So I downloaded all my Kindle books onto an old Fire tablet and gave it to her. When I go to visit I connect the tablet on my phone hotspot to download new books that I have bought.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2024