Always Sick

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Hedi Mitchell, Feb 21, 2019.

1. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Why is it my two grown daughters are always sick with something ? I just do not understand it. And they really do have issues...not imagined.
    It just makes so sad and mad at the same time to think that are constantly dealing with medical issues...and no insurance either.
    I try to be positive for their sake but am growing weary of it all.
    Do any of you have kids who always stay sick with something?

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  2. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

No medical insurance? Why is that?

3. Thomas Stearn

Thomas Stearn Veteran Member
    Registered

Yes, I know that. Added to this, they don't want to listen, have a mind of their own, and say that it's certainly not their fault. It made me tear my hair out.

4. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

@Cody Fousnaugh ...the oldest one has not had insurance for 30 years...lets just say she has hard time keeping roof over her head. The youngest one has no job at the moment because she and boyfriend moved away last year. She is looking for work when she's well enough.

5. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Life certainly is tough Gloria, I've wondered the same about myself - always something going on
    Its just the hand we're dealt unfortunately
    I hope for you and the girls, good news is just around the corner - good wishes to you all :) x

Hedi Mitchell and Nancy Hart like this.
  6. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I think that some people have a much stronger immune system than other people have, and that would stop a lot of the little contagious illnesses that seem to go around.
    I remember reading that 3 people could be equally exposed to the same virus, one would get very sick, one would get a lighter episode of the virus, and the third one would not get sick at all because their immune system fought it off before it could get a good start.

I think that people used to have much stronger immune systems than we do now, and could fight off illness better. One example might be food-poisoning, from tainted foods. Back when I was growing up, you could get your hamburger or steak cooked as rare as you wanted it, and no one got sick. Now, we have much stricter rules for marketing meat, as well as having to cook it longer commercially, and still there are epidemics of people getting sick from some meat that has live virus in it.
    Same with vegetables....... no one EVER got sick from eating lettuce back then, and in this past year alone, they have pulled romaine off of the market several times.

Undoubtedly, there is more to it than just the immune system, but that in itself could cause a lot of problems with people getting sick more often than other people.

7. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

Gloria check their digestion for any problems do they have heart burn, diarrhea, constipation, or just stomach pain. If any of those things are present that mean they are not absorbing the nutrition in their food so they cannot protect them selves from any problems disease or chronic. I find this in children and adults if they are not absorbing nutriments than disease is next. Like some doctors say health starts in the colon.

8. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

They both have a host of things wrong with them- I think in part because they have not had the luxury of insurance I have over the years.
    Granted lifestyle is part of the problem- never having the right food choices because of finances and etc. My youngest daughter has had 2 botched up stomach surgeries
    all for the sake of trying to be thinner. The third for repair almost killed her( my opinion ) and she has been down with something ever since.
    Sorry, probably never should have aired this out loud on here-but I get so $%%#~^^ frustrated, because it is always something with them .
    As a mother I just feel helpless and cringe at their constant battle of trying to get well, and stay well. Thank you for listening.

9. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Can well understand your feelings - come here Gloria ……………

[​IMG] Hugs to you x

10. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

I have no insurance either nor want it. The only thing insurance is good for is emergencies. I have helped so many people down here and most is just getting them to change their diet go back to natural things and get away from processed foods. Some of these food are down right dangerous for you but the medical system will not tell you. If you get the digestion straighten out the other problems will probably go away.

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  11. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Reminds me of one of my son's story. He was having terrible digestive issues, and went to a doctor r. He was referred to a gastroenterologist who treated him with a powerful, expensive antibiotic. His digestive issues improved, but he began a string of illness that went on seemingly forever. He decided that the GI treatment decimated his immune system, so he began a regimen of strict prebiotic and probiotic treatment and he began to get better. He had suspicions concerning his HVAC system in his apartment, so he called to have everything cleaned. Miraculously, when the HVAC system was clean, his illnesses went away. Although he did have digestive issues, a large part of his problem was apparently environmental.

12. Lulu Moppet

Lulu Moppet Veteran Member
    Registered

Very sorry ((Gloria)). It is terrible for you to see your girls suffering. Best wishes.

Patsy Faye likes this.
  13. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

Awe Thank you Patsy;)

14. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

thank you... just now saw this

Lulu Moppet likes this.
  15. Joy Martin

Joy Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

Gloria, I didn't read everything here, but I get what you are saying. My adult daughter was sick a lot and down a lot while in her troubled marriage. Long story and lots of stuff and too many pharma drugs and her body broke down. She got addicted to pain meds, another long story.

Today, she's on her own, raised her children now 19 and 22, the ex passed a few yrs ago, he had his issues believe me. Cancer got him, too much cigs.

My daughter will not touch a drug today and is deep into holistic healing as I've been for over 25 yrs.

On her children she believes they had a lot of issues growing up and she believes NOW, due to too many vaccines and their immune systems were so compromised and weakened. Her theory and she does her best not to love vaccines.

Maybe something resonates here with you. Take care.