Almost Midnight And I'm Eating Choklit

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Holly Saunders, Mar 20, 2016.

1. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

..anyone else eat naughty foods late at night.?

Hubs bought me a dark chocolate gluten, wheat. dairy and egg free Easter Egg with peppermint chocolates ...and I've just opened it and had a little bit ...it's deeeeeeeelllicious, but I had to put it away quickly , too late at night to be eating chocolate...anyone else have late night eating habits.. ?:D

2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

No, I go to bed early enough so that I don't eat! :) only thing I'll eat after an early dinner is some sugar free popsicles.

Ruby Begonia likes this.
  3. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

We don't have that here in Hawaii not that I found any for I've been looking for such candies. We have Russel Stover's sugar free stuff and that's about it! I hope we get more choices and selections soon for I love candies too.

4. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Holly, you do know I hate you, don't you? :D Here I am struggling to lose a pound or two and you sit there nibbling on ckoklit. Now you have me drooling. And I have Girl Scout chocolate cookies in the freezer so I won't eat them.

Oh, the pain! The pain!

Karen McKenzie and Ruby Begonia like this.
  5. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

6. Denise Evans

Registered

Haha, ditto, I bought some dark-chocolate covered fruits, and I can't help but pop a few. But got to try not to tonight;) Yes, I will get up and have something about 11 sometimes, like peanut butter on toast;) That seems safe enough, and then I can fall back to sleep;)

Oh, another thing I realized that helps with "cravings" or just hunger, even in the middle of the night, can be your body wanting water. I keep a bottle next to my bed, and will guzzle about a cups worth if I think to try that first. I don't always, as you can see, but it has worked as well as getting up and grabbing something.

I read awhile back that dehydration can disguise itself as hunger, so I tried it a few times, and yep, I was fine for a few more (or couple of hours).

Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
    Yvonne Smith and Ruby Begonia like this.
  7. Denise Evans

Registered

I didn't realize you were in Hawaii @Krissttina Isobe , but my best friend from highschool lives in kaneohe, on Oahu, as I'm sure you know the area:) Are you near there by chance? Sorry to distract the thread;) Just got excited when I saw where you are;) denise

Krissttina Isobe likes this.
  8. Krissttina Isobe

Registered

:)No problem! Kaneohe is on the windward side and I live in Kalihi on the leeward side. With car it takes about 45 minutes to get to Kaneohe. With bus about 2-3 hours from Kalihi to get to Kaneohe. We are far apart, but when you look at the tiny Oahu it seems close. Aloha!

Bonnie Thomas and Denise Evans like this.
  9. Denise Evans

Registered

It's lovely there, I only got to visit once on my honeymoon. We went to Kaanapali, and it was Christmas time!! Mele'kaleeki'maka?? I know I'm spelling that wrong but too lazy to google it @Krissttina Isobe, LOL!! I'll never forget stepping off the plane on Oahu (before "puddle jumping" to Maui) and all I could say was, the air just felt like another world! I fell in love, instantly with Hawaii;) denise

Krissttina Isobe likes this.
  10. Krissttina Isobe

Registered

*I understand how you feel especially about Maui it seems like just another world for when you're on a trip nothing else matters just a good time! Oahu on the other hand is home with all the news now days it just seems so stressful, but can't let stress win anywhere we are! Do you know that I dream of going to Orlando to Disney World, when you live in Hawaii, I guess the prospective is the same as when you live on the mainland and want to come to Hawaii, we want to go to the mainland, LOL!

Denise Evans likes this.
  11. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

I wonder how frozen Girl Scout cookies taste? :D

Denise Evans likes this.
  12. Denise Evans

Registered

I think it's true Krisstina:) Having internet especially these days, we see the pictures from different parts of the world, and oooooo and awwwww over them;) I think it's funny when I take the time to see the photos of where I live, or my hometown in Oregon. It looks sooooo inviting!! But I lived there and practically know every inch of the area, and all 4 seasons.

There are lovely things to see everywhere;) but I can especially understand a dream to go to Orlando and Disney World:) I grew up with Walt Disney's TV shows, and movies:) He was a wonderful guy to us kids, we loved him like we knew him;) The movies were fabulous back then. Did you get to see a lot of Disney stuff @Krissttina Isobe ? Speak of, if you did, I'm sure you knew who Haley Mills was/is. The Parent Trap was one of my fave, Disney movies;) Would you believe she was in an episode of my fave show today (well, on Netflix) Midsomer Mysteries? She is our age, but you can still for sure, tell it is Haley;) I'll have to remember to mention this to @Holly Saunders or any of the others that are from the UK. Not sure where Haley was born, but how I LOVED her accent;) denise

13. Denise Evans

Registered

I don't like them when they are fresh, LOL!! I remember folks buying them just to help the Girl Scouts, LOL! Maybe they have improved on them now, hopefully??