Alexander Hamilton By Ron Chernow

Discussion in 'History & Geography' started by Lon Tanner, Jun 13, 2016.

1. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

I am a history buff and thoroughly enjoyed this great read. I grew up as a kid in Paterson New Jersey and Alexander Hamilton left his mark all over that area. My mother worked as a cashier at the Alexander Hamilton hotel during WW 2. I was prompted to start this post after watching last night's Emmy Awards where the musical Alexander Hamilton won so many awards. As a young school boy I learned a little about Hamilton but nothing as in depth as this book. Hamilton was a truly amazing man and his list of accomplishments before age 40 has never been duplicated by any one that I know of. It makes me ask "Where is today's AH?

2. Texas Beth

Texas Beth Veteran Member
    Registered

Since the musical Hamilton on Broadway, the book has gotten a lot of attention. I have been curious about checking it out from the library and reading it. In school, I learned very little about Hamilton as well.

3. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Veteran Member
    Registered

Well there may be some candidates for a modern day Hamilton, but maybe they are not common household names. I think I am going to try to get the CD as my chances of ever being able to see the play or slim to none. Although, maybe a touring company might come to my area sometime. That will no doubt happen in the future. They say the tickets for the Broadway play are almost imporssible to come by. The waiting list is astronomically long.

4. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered