Accidental Double Posts, What To Do?

Discussion in 'Help Requests' started by Yvonne Smith, May 29, 2015.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

This morning, I started a thread in the comedy section, and when I went back to edit my (perennial) typing errors; I accidentally re-posted the whole thing instead of just editing it. I looked around on the page and didn't see any way of deleting the first post (uncorrected one); and I did a search for double posts, but haven't found any information; so I thought maybe it is just a good thing to start a thread on and ask about.
    What is the correct procedure for accidental double posts ? Is there a way we can delete the unwanted ones ourselves, or should we leave it and just report the extra post to Admin to be deleted ?

Diane Lane likes this.
  2. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I wonder if there was a glitch, because I just saw the same thing happened when I went to edit one of my posts yesterday. It's entirely possible that I screwed up, but for both of us to, on the same day, sounds strange. My double posts are in the Good Morning Thread.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  3. Admin

Admin Forum Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator Registered

Usually, it has to do with a temporary glitch in the connection. Because it doesn't seem to respond, you click it again, resulting in a double post. It's not a big deal. Just let me know and I'll delete one of them.

Diane Lane and Yvonne Smith like this.
  4. Diane Lane

Registered

I noticed a different glitch on another forum yesterday. I kept getting the message given to newbies, about having to post 5 times before performing some other action. I remembered this glitch and started wondering if the forums were under attack. Hopefully it was just a fluke on each site.

5. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Veteran Member
    Registered

When that happens to me, I go back to the duplicate post, delete all text and type "duplicate post". I then click report and ask that it be deleted.

Ken N Louis and Diane Lane like this.
  6. Diane Lane

Registered

That's a good idea, I'll try to remember to do that in the future.