A Toilet Was Used As Aerial Bomb During Vietnam War

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Ken Anderson, Oct 29, 2015.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

From War History Online, photographic truth is presented that a toilet was dropped as an aerial bomb during the Vietnam War.

[​IMG]

Ike Willis likes this.
  2. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

Pardon me for asking but is that picture real? In this digital age, anything can be done a photo so weird photos do not appeal to me anymore. But speaking of the war, particularly the Vietnam war, I'm sure the US Air Force were fully supported by the government in terms of weaponry and logistics so how could they use the toilet set in lieu of a bomb? Maybe this is not really news but in the humor section.

3. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

If I'm ever able to replace them (since the landlady obviously won't), I'd love to volunteer the two I have here as bombs against ISIS or another enemy.

It seems it is an actual picture. Here's a link to more information @Corie Henson

Corie Henson likes this.
  4. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

According to War History Online, which seems legit, it is. That's why I posted it. If you were to click on the link that I included, you'd find more information about it, and other photos.

Diane Lane and Corie Henson like this.
  5. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

Okay, now that @Diane Lane and @Ken Anderson have confirmed the veracity of that photo, it is time to laugh, hahahaaa. But still, I wonder how that toilet got in the airplane in the first place. What I have in mind is to install that toilet there and when there are enemies on the ground, the pilot would just push down lever of the flush so the waste matter will rain on the enemy, hahahaaa. But kidding aside, that toilet bowl set can destroy the roof of the house and may even kill the occupants.

Diane Lane likes this.
  6. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

Yes, I think it was only done the one time, and was an expression of how the troops felt about the enemy (or the war in general), but for sure that would do a lot of damage.

7. Hannah Davis

Hannah Davis Veteran Member
    Registered

Yes, I wouldn't want to see one of these harrowing down to earth toward me that's for sure. Somehow it doesn't really surprise me though that a toilet was used as a weapon. As pointed out it can cause damage and it's something that is easily obtainable. Have to commend the troops for having such ingenuity.