A Study Of Denominations

Discussion in 'Faith & Religion' started by Babs Hunt, Mar 8, 2017.

1. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

http://www.astudyofdenominations.com/

A Study of Denominations
    But and if ye should suffer for righteousness’ sake, blessed are ye: and fear not their fear, neither be troubled; but sanctify in your hearts Christ as Lord: being ready always to give answer to every man that asketh you a reason concerning the hope that is in you, yet with meekness and fear (1 Peter 3:14-15).

We live in a world of religious confusion. There are all kinds of religions which teach and practice all kinds of things, and plenty of people who profess to have no religion whatsoever.

Furthermore, confusion reigns among all the various groups who profess Christianity. All kinds of denominations exist today, all of them teaching different doctrines and practices, and all claiming to present God’s truth.

In this climate of confusion, many ask difficult questions. What is the truth? Can it even be known? How tragic it is that so many despair of ever knowing the truth of God!

I believe that the truth can be known, and the truth is present completely and infallibly in the revealed Word of God, the Bible. I will attempt in the study that follows to present what God has revealed to be the truth....

I am so glad I found this website in my research this morning as here is the history of all religion and religious denominations that have come into being since Jesus Christ established His Church which was not a denomination but all people who accepted Him as their Savior and walked in obedience to Him. All other denominational churches are established not by Christ but by man as anyone will be able to see as they read the Study of Denominations.

Ken Anderson likes this.
  2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I missed this post when you posted it over a year ago, or I would have probably replied to it. As I have recently gone through many of these Christian denominations in the directory that I work for, I have an interest in it. It is late now, and I'll be getting up early for the MOFGA Fair tomorrow, but I am posting this mostly as a reminder for me to reply to this thread later, probably tomorrow night, unless I'm too tired.

We do indeed live in a world of confusion, and many of these denominations are separated by what I would consider small things, non-salvational matters that people chose to argue about to the point of division. Worse, some of these denominations separated purely for reasons of human ego.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2018
    Babs Hunt likes this.