A Place Of Prayer

Discussion in 'Faith & Religion' started by Babs Hunt, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

My heart is heavy with sadness this morning. Last night we found out that my brother-in-law's prostrate cancer has spread further into his bones. It is hard to see my husband's sorrow and pain over what his only brother is going through, It was only last November that we found out his brother had prostrate cancer and it was a shock to all of us. His brother had been having back trouble for a few years...but never thought much of it since most of us have back trouble at one time or another. But finally that back trouble bothered him so much that he decided to see a Doctor about it...and his back trouble turned out to be prostrate cancer that had spread to his backbone. There was surgery to take out some vertebrae that the cancer had eaten away and that bone was replaced with a rod. The cancer in the prostrate was to advanced to even remove the prostrate as it would just cause the cancer cells to spread even faster...but they did do radiation to try to stop the cells from making more. And after that they tried chemo...but had to stop that because it caused some kind of fungus in his lungs that they thought was cancer at first too. After finally getting that fungus cleared up enough to restart chemo...they find more cancer cells in his left arm bones. When he called us with the news last night my husband stayed upbeat and positive while on the phone with his brother...but he broke down and let me see his anguish after they had ended the call...and my heart broke for both of them.

So I went where I always go when my heart is heavy and feeling burdened...I lifted that heavy burden and sorrow up in prayer to my heavenly Father. And this morning although I still carry that sorrow...I know God is helping me carry it too. I am a praying person and I love to pray for others too. So I wanted to start this thread for those who would like prayer...even if you don't believe in God. Because knowing someone is there and cares when your sorrow is overflowing is a wonderful blessing.

So if you have a need or burden...if for any reason you would like me to say a prayer for you or any of your loved ones...then feel free to let me know here. If you don't want to be specific in what you want prayer for you don't have to be....just let me know you would like me to pray for you.

This morning my prayers are for all those who are fighting cancer in their bodies. If you know someone who is going through this and would like me to pray for them...please let me know.

1560371_715503001882882_3385198860861089261_n.jpg

2. Avigail David

Avigail David Veteran Member
    Registered

Thank you for your very encouraging thoughts. Before I typed my reply, I had prayed with you. It is in this time of need God knows, listens and gives grace to the discouraged and needing peace. God bless you in your love for Him and others in your prayers.

Babs Hunt likes this.
  3. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

You know when I hear of the horrible pain and suffering cancer and other diseases inflict on upon people even as a Christian I still "rant and rave" at the injustice and evil of this to God. Many times that disease is eating the lives away of people I love...so I rant and rave really good to God at times! :)

The very first time as a Christian that I got really mad at God and gave Him a piece of my mind...I was sure He would strike me dead with a lightning bolt!

th (43).jpg Even when He didn't do this, I stayed mad at God for a long time for what I felt He should have not let happen in life. I didn't care at that time if He loved me anymore or not because I didn't feel He loved me if He would let something like that happen. When my anger finally passed I was surprised to feel God's Love still warmly wrapped around me. There are still times I let God have a piece of mind but I don't worry about Him taking His love away or zapping me with a lightning bolt anymore. I just give Him my piece of mind...and He gives me His "peace" of mind and together we face the seasons in life.

4. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Falling-Water.jpg
    This week I'm praying for those who are struggling with addictions. I'm praying that they may be set free in Jesus' name no matter what addiction/addictions may have a stronghold over their lives. there is Power in the name of Jesus to break every chain...

5. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Praying this week for God to reveal Himself to those who do not know Him yet. Also praying for those who have specific needs that God will bring forth His provision in those areas of need.
    flat,1000x1000,075,f.jpg

Heavenly Father, You are the Provider of all our needs and this morning I come before You and ask in Jesus' name that You would meet the needs of each one of your children on this Forum. Those that need healing in their bodies, I ask that you touch them with Your healing right hand and bring forth the healing that they need whether it be physical, emotional, or spiritual. For those who have a financial need bring forth the provision in this area Father. Whatever their specific need is I ask You in the name of Jesus to provide for that need in their lives and I thank You for hearing my prayer and for Your Promise that whatever we have need of You will provide for us. Amen

1john5.14.15.jpg

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
  6. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Our friend and fellow member here, @Joyce Mcgregor , is having an unplanned change in her life, and is going to be staying with relatives for a while, and probably moving into a senior apartment.
    While I think that this will be a blessing for her overall, I also think that it will add some stress to her life as the moving situation progresses.
    Without going into specifics; I would just like to request prayers for her during this period of time until she gets settled in again. Her health is not the best, either, which always complicates moving.
    She has not only been an online friend; but also my neighbor and real life friend for close to 10 years now, and while I am sad to see her moving, I do feel that this is God working in her life .

Babs Hunt likes this.
  7. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Prayers going up for your friend. :)

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  8. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I missed this thread until now. Probably our house was under siege by insulation people at the time, or the aftermath, when we were trying to put things back together again. I am sorry.

Speaking to the opening post, @Babs Hunt, having had prostate cancer, I am always worried about getting it again, since I went through radiation treatment rather than the operation. Ever six months, I worry that my numbers will be up again. So, while I can only imagine what your brother-in-law is going through, I can surely empathize.

As for @Joyce Mcgregor, a senior apartment could be a good thing, although I can appreciate that it will be quite a change, and that change most always bring stress.

My prayers are with you.

Yvonne Smith and Babs Hunt like this.
  9. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Thanks Ken. And my prayers and many others are with you for Wednesday and for every other day too.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  10. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

il_570xN.600838196_2qcn.jpg

Last edited: Apr 9, 2016
  11. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

12669423_730700380363144_5346697407575153303_n.jpg

This week I'm praying for America. I'm praying for our Government Officials. I'm praying for all Americans. I'm praying that our heavenly Father will hear our prayers and bring us back so we are once again "One Nation Under God". I'm praying for our Veterans, our Police forces, our Fire Fighters, etc....all those who help protect and defend America.

2ac7dd704e272282b243b6e99262ff5d.jpg

Last edited: Apr 11, 2016
  12. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Father God, Many hearts are burdened with concern about all the evil and corruption here in our beloved America. Lord, we believe that because our Fore Fathers dedicated America as "One Nation Under God" and did their best to base our Government on Biblical principals...You honored and blessed America. Somewhere along the line evil and corruption silently sowed their seeds in America and now those seeds are taking over and destroying our Godly inheritance and the Biblical principals this Nation was founded on. Our enemy is no longer on foreign soil...but right here in America too...and in the name of "tolerance" and "political correctness" we are helping our enemies destroy us from within. Yet even now You are revealing the deceit and lies that has been hidden from us for far to long. Even those of us who recognize the Truth...are having a hard time "standing" against this deceit and lies. We feel helpless and overwhelmed...and many of us have lost hope that anything can really be changed so that once again America will be "One Nation Under God". Many Americans don''t even know where to start in their stance to stop the evil and corruption. For any real change to be effective...we have to start with You Father. We have to start with repentance for "forsaking" You and the Biblical Principals our Nation was founded on. Hear our prayers Father God and turn us back to You as we were when America was founded. Forgive our sins and heal our land. Open our eyes and ears to Your Truth that only in turning back to You will You once again bless and prosper America. Our hope is in You alone...no man or woman...no human being can stop the evil and corruption....only You can Father and I pray in Jesus' name that You will hear the cries of our hearts and replace the evil and corruption here in America with Your grace and mercy. Destroy our enemies among us Father. Fill us with Your wisdom and discernment...and increase our faith and boldness Father in standing firm against the evil and corruption in our Government, etc. May "We the People" become once again Your People Lord...people who will once again live as "One Nation Under God" and who follow Your Biblical Truth here in America. In Jesus' name I ask these things Father and thank You for hearing the cries of our hearts. Amen

13. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

28c581234e0387564c051d1b92fdb098.jpg

Lord, this week I lift up to you all those who in the midst of the natural disasters that are happening all over the World and here in America. I pray Your hedge of protection around Your children Father and ask You to provide all that they need during the "storms" in their lives. Be their shelter in the storms, their refuge through the earthquakes, and their comfort and provider in their time of need. From out of these natural disasters Father I ask You bring forth Your miracles so Your glory will be revealed on this earth. I pray Your comfort, healing, and provision for those in the midst of the flooding in Houston, for those in the midst of the earthquakes in Japan and Ecuador, etc. and for all Your children who are in the midst of natural disasters at this time Father. In Jesus' name I ask these things and thank You Lord for hearing the prayers of Your children. Amen

56edda6b68beebf0366cf520cbd2a6c8.jpg

Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
    Yvonne Smith likes this.
  14. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

th (23).jpg

Father, I come before Your throne of mercy and grace this morning and ask in Jesus' name that you would lift my sadness, my dispiritedness, and heal my hurt. And not just mine Lord. There are many of Your children feeling these same things right now. And so I ask You to take us all under the refuge of Your Wings and minister unto each of us the comfort, peace, and healing that we need. Help us to forgive those who wound us Lord just as You have forgiveness us. Refresh and renew us Father so we can go forth this week and serve You as You desire each of us to do.

I lift up to You those who are chained to addictions Father. Their addictions are not only hurting and destroying them, but are also hurting and destroying the ones who love them. Lord, set them free from the strongholds in their lives, Set them free from everything that has them bound. Open their eyes so they can see the truth and the desruction their addiction is doing to them and those they love. Open their ears so they can hear You saying: "Let me set you free and bring you healing." Let them see how satan has lied and deceived them into these chains of addiction. Father, break every chain and set those prisoners free! In Jesus' name I pray and thank You for hearing my prayer Father. Amen

th (85).jpg

Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
  15. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

faith.jpg

Prayers continuing for @Ina I. Wonder for all those facing health problems, for those who need provision in any area of their lives, for unspoken prayer requests, for an increase in Faith, Hope, and Love as we walk through each day. Prayers that our Leaders and We the People may be blessed with wisdom and discernment this Election year, that we would turn away from the darkness and turn to the light once more. Praying that America would once again become "One Nation Under God" and His Truth. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen

Yvonne Smith likes this.