Discussion in 'In the News' started by Gary Ridenour, Sep 11, 2016.

1. Gary Ridenour

Gary Ridenour Veteran Member
    Registered

15 years back. they tried to knock us to our knees but failed. remember

story

2. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Remember ? Will never forget .......................

Diane Lane likes this.
  3. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

Man, I have a tingling all over my body now.

4. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

5. Tim Burr

Tim Burr Veteran Member
    Registered

On 9/11 I was 49 years old and had retired from the Military in 1994.
    Shortly after, I called several places to see if I could go back in.
    I knew we would be gearing up to answer this and thought that I could help.

No, was the answer...too old.

At 49, I was in good shape and could do my job.
    I started receiving a pension at 42, thought I still owed something to the country.
    My job in the military wasn't as a ground troop, but one of support.

I knew I could do the job, at least talk to me about it.
    Did Vietnam and Desert Storm, so I understood going to War.

My thought process; if I could do the job, maybe an 18 year old didn't have to go.

Sometimes I wonder what they're thinking.

6. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

I hope someday they will go after the people who did it

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  7. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

I love that tribute. I still remember years later seeing the Clydesdales in person, they were so beautiful and majestic. I still remember the feeling of not being able to get in touch with my family that day because all circuits were busy. It really irks me that some who have benefited mightily from this country refuse to stand and show respect for it during the national anthem.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  8. Gary Ridenour

Registered

don't have go far. their working in the WH now

Martin Alonzo likes this.
  9. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I just looked at it now. So simple, so beautiful, so right!

Tears are flowing (I'm such a crybaby).

Thanks, Gary.

Gary Ridenour likes this.
  10. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

We started going after the Taliban, al-Qaeda and Osama bin Laden and accomplished our missions of that.

On the morning it happened, wife and I was up getting ready for work and she turned on the tv. She loves watching some tv in the morning before going to work (LOL). I . We watched the replay of the first airliner go into the World Trade Center and I immediately called her sister and told her what happened. Because I kid around so much, my wife's sister thought I was kidding. To this day, I ask myself why she would think that. Oh well. Anyway, I told her to turn on her tv and she saw the second airline go into the other World Trade Center. Her sister said to me over the phone "Oh my God, what just happened?" I went to work and talk about quiet........nobody was talking, just somber looking faces. And these were people working in a Production area!

Krissttina Isobe likes this.
  11. Gary Ridenour

Registered

Bin Laden claims he attacked us because of the Abombs we dropped on Japan and also the Nam war

Krissttina Isobe likes this.
  12. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

Gary: Bin Laden was either in the hospital or hiding in a cave with just a telephone and laptop he was able to shut down the whole US defence system also shutting down all the cameras on the pentagon and making the most defended building in the world defenceless. Then took a bunch of poorly trained pilot and showed some aeronautical skills that train pilots cannot do. Ending with two planes completely disappearing. Making a building fall without even hitting it.

Some people pray to him as god but I think god could take a few lessons from him.

Gary Ridenour and Yvonne Smith like this.
  13. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Well I believe this person who is a member of another forum. He was a commercial pilot until he had to retire. This is what he wrote yesterday.

Today is 9/11
    Yesterday afternoon, I watched the movie "United 93", which is about the incident when United flight 93 took a nose dive into the ground here in PA. It was the first time that I could bring myself to watch that particular movie. The pilot that day was my friend and instructor on the Boeing 757/767 and who lived in Denver, Captain Jason Dahl. I stayed at Jason's home a few times when I was laid over in Denver. Jason and his beautiful wife Sandy were gracious enough to invite me to stay at their home, which was about 20 miles from Denver. It allowed Jason and I to talk shop. The man was a walking training manual on the planes that I flew and I used to really enjoy picking his brain.

Ironically, Jason had switched flights with another pilot that day, so he could have a day off the following week. He was planning to take his wife to Paris to celebrate their fifth wedding anniversary. I had also flown that flight a few times previously. The flight left Newark and was flying non-stop to San Francisco, but was taken over by terrorists while in the air. They were turned around while over Cleveland and it is thought that they were heading for the Capitol. This flight is the only one of the four planes that did not reach its target. I am guessing that it would have had about 38,000 pounds or about 6000 or so gallons of jet fuel in its tanks at the time of the crash. No doubt about it that had it hit the Capitol, the building and everyone in it would have gone up in flames. I was very fortunate on that day because I was not scheduled to fly. If I remember correctly, all aircraft that was in the skies was ordered to land ASAP around noon on that day.

I hope that everyone joins with me in remembering all of the heroes on that day. So many wonderful people died on this day in 2001 and has now become a day that will be remembered for all to read about in history books. It is a day that everyone will remember what they were doing when they heard the news that the U.S. was under attack by terrorists.

BTW, one last note. Jason's wife, Sandy died about 10 years later due to toxic poisoning brought on by taking pain and anti-depressant pills combined with alcohol. It is believed that she sunk into a very depressive state after 9/11. I had spoken with her a few times post 9/11 and I never knew that she was on any medications. She never shared that with me.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2016
    Marilyn Pahl likes this.
  14. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

We were new in this old house and it was early morning when the news broke up. We saw the video of the plane hitting the World Trade Center. At first, it didn't sink for the video looked like an animation - we just woke up so you can imagine how we felt. It was my husband's habit to turn on the tv upon waking up just to glance at the headlines. That video was replayed over and over. What got into my mind was the barbarism of that suicide bomber (or whatever you call that devil). That was the time I realized that some people can be so evil as to kill innocent people just like that.

15. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

*To my knowledge Japan has nothing to do with Al Qaeda or Osama Bin Laden. First I ever read about why America was attacked.Here is what I found as to why the terrorist Osama Bin Laden and al Qaeda did what they did link:

https://www.quora.com/Why-did-Al-Qaeda-attack-the-United-States-on-9-11