13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers Of Benghazi

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Gary Ridenour, Jun 7, 2016.

1. Gary Ridenour

Gary Ridenour Veteran Member
    Registered

out on DVD today

13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi (also known simply as 13 Hours) is a 2016 American biographicalwar film directed and co-produced by Michael Bay and written byChuck Hogan, based on Mitchell Zuckoff's 2014 book 13 Hours. Billed as being based on a true story, the film follows six members of a security team who fight to defend the American diplomatic compound in Benghazi, Libya after waves of terrorist attacks on September 11, 2012. The film stars James Badge Dale, John Krasinski, Max Martini, Toby Stephens, Pablo Schreiber, David Denman, Dominic Fumusa, Freddie Stroma, and Alexia Barlier.

im going to pick up a copy tomorrow.

Diane Lane likes this.
  2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

It's well worth watching. Everyone should watch it before the November elections.

Diane Lane likes this.
  3. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

I still haven't seen it, but plan to. I don't need to see if before the election, though, since I've read a lot of information about what happened in Benghazi, and have formed an opinion. I was initially surprised that the film was even made, especially by such a big name producer, but hopefully that means that eyes are being opened and people are starting to wake up to how dangerous some of those who claim to represent us are.

4. Gary Ridenour

Registered

pretty good action flick

5. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

I finally watched 13 Hours the other night. There's so much action, and so much confusion, that I think I'll have to see it at least once more to fully appreciate all that is going on in the movie. There's also a book, which the movie is based off of, and I might see if my local library has it. I knew the basic story, but seeing it on the big screen, rather than reading snippets about it, was very powerful.

6. Gary Ridenour

Registered